Collapse
No announcement yet.

**** Microsoft IN THE ****ING ASS!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my little brother is on his 4th ex-box. he finally came to his senses, and is getting a ps3.

Comment

Originally posted by Infern0 View Post
      You are just unlucky son, ive never really had any problems and iv'e had mine since launch day
      The launch 360 is starting to become a rare item, in few years it could become a collectable.

Comment

Just buy a broken one off of craigslist, amazon, or ebay that was manufactured after the date MS started to offer the hardware failure warranty.

Then call em up, transfer the ownership on the console from the guy you bought it from, to you. (Just tell 'em you bought it at a pawn shop, this way they don't ask you for any information about the previous owner.)

Then print out a shipping label from their website, and ship it off.

In 2-3 weeks you'll have a new console, with a new warranty.

Comment

Lol this generation of systems is all about online play, and in the online department, the Xbox 360 murders the PS3 hands down. You pay for service and you get service with Xbox Live.

Buy the PS3 if you want a Blu-Ray player and a couple of titles. Buy an Xbox if you want to play video games, it's up to you.

As for me, I've had both of the systems for quite a while - The PS3 since it's launch date and the Xbox 360 since the Elite's launch date, neither have given me any trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
            Just buy a broken one off of craigslist, amazon, or ebay that was manufactured after the date MS started to offer the hardware failure warranty.

Then call em up, transfer the ownership on the console from the guy you bought it from, to you. (Just tell 'em you bought it at a pawn shop, this way they don't ask you for any information about the previous owner.)

Then print out a shipping label from their website, and ship it off.

In 2-3 weeks you'll have a new console, with a new warranty.
            Microsoft don't cover pre-owned consoles.

Comment

Originally posted by Move BRICKS View Post
              Lol this generation of systems is all about online play, and in the online department, the Xbox 360 murders the PS3 hands down. You pay for service and you get service with Xbox Live.

Buy the PS3 if you want a Blu-Ray player and a couple of titles. Buy an Xbox if you want to play video games, it's up to you.

As for me, I've had both of the systems for quite a while - The PS3 since it's launch date and the Xbox 360 since the Elite's launch date, neither have given me any trouble.
              Online is online to me and if it's Free, well I'll take that over having to pay. There isn't too much of difference just XBL seems to be more populated than PSN.

I'll take that over having to pay to play on a system that is known to be faulty. I really can't stand Microsoft anymore. ****ty PC Operating Systems and ****ty Xbox consoles that they knowingly sell to customers and then provide ****ty customer service when something bad happens. It's not worth it to me to pay $49.95 for a online membership when my system could crash at anytime and at that time I'd be pissing money away for services I can't even access.

Microsoft already overcharges for the console as it is, and now when it breaks they want me to pay half of what a new system would cost just to fix it? Seriously?

The sad thing is that I don't even use the damn thing that much. I'm a pretty casual gamer. I'm not a hardcore online player either. I'll play the big title like Gears and COD, but I don't sit in front of the damn thing for hours and hours on end like some people.

The only thing Xbox has over PS, IMO is a couple of exclusive titles and a controller that is better suited for FPS games.

Beyond that I'll take Playstation. They've been making console for twice as long as microsoft they do it well, and they provide great customer service.

Plus God of War owns.
              Last edited by TheNegation; 11-16-2009, 03:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Wanderlei_Silva View Post
                Online is online to me and if it's Free, well I'll take that over having to pay. There isn't too much of difference just XBL seems to be more populated than PSN.

I'll take that over having to pay to play on a system that is known to be faulty. I really can't stand Microsoft anymore. ****ty PC Operating Systems and ****ty Xbox consoles that they knowingly sell to customers and then provide ****ty customer service when something bad happens. It's not worth it to me to pay $49.95 for a online membership when my system could crash at anytime and at that time I'd be pissing money away for services I can't even access.

Microsoft already overcharges for the console as it is, and now when it breaks they want me to pay half of what a new system would cost just to fix it? Seriously?

The sad thing is that I don't even use the damn thing that much. I'm a pretty casual gamer. I'm not a hardcore online player either. I'll play the big title like Gears and COD, but I don't sit in front of the damn thing for hours and hours on end like some people.

The only thing Xbox has over PS, IMO is a couple of exclusive titles and a controller that is better suited for FPS games.

Beyond that I'll take Playstation. They've been making console for twice as long as microsoft they do it well, and they provide great customer service.

Plus God of War owns.
                If you're just lookin to have fun with a system and have free online you should look at a Wii.. It's the only system I really play anymore and there's a reason it's sold more units than the 360 and PS3 combined..

Comment

Originally posted by Six Shooter View Post
                  Microsoft don't cover pre-owned consoles.
                  So they say.

You just call 'em up, transfer ownership, and get the label printed out for free, then ship it off. As long as it has RROD or E74 ; you're covered.

My friend did the exact same thing I described above.

Comment

This is my 360. It got the RRoD in 2008, got fixed in a week, with 1 months xbox live included for my troubles.

Comment

Originally posted by RiΖΟ View Post

This is my 360. It got the RRoD in 2008, got fixed in a week, with 1 months xbox live included for my troubles.
                      But RROD is covered under the 3 year warranty. The E74 Disc Read Error was not covered under the warranty until AFTER I had initially purchased the console. So now I have to pay $99 to have it repaired which is Half of what a new Xbox would cost.

Not worth it

Comment

Working...
                      X