No announcement yet.

Most Controversial Decisions

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Calzaghe - hopkins...hamed - barrera
    Last edited by Rockybigblower; 02-18-2017, 06:40 AM.

Comment

Definitely ruiz -parker....lewis - vitali...calzaghe -reid...floyd vs ortiz....abraham vs direll and of course floyd manny....i especially was annoyed when abraham was dq'd...it was his first defeat and i believe completely undeserved.

Comment

Harold Johnson vs Willie Pastrano

Comment

Originally posted by Rockybigblower View Post
          Calzaghe - hopkins...hamed - barrera
          I'm one of the biggest fans of Naseem Hamed, but he clearly lost that fight. He was so greatly outboxed that there could be no room for dispute.

Comment

The worst I have seen would include:

Lewis-Holyfield 1

Whitaker-Chavez

Whitaker- Ramirez

Martinez-Cintron which was even worse because Cintron should have been counted out.

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post

Lewis-Holyfield 1

Whitaker-Chavez

Whitaker- Ramirez

Martinez-Cintron which was even worse because Cintron should have been counted out.
              Forgot about cintron fight.
              Serg got royally screwed. He won the fight twice. Once by ko and once on scorecards.. got screwed both times..

Good call.

Comment

Originally posted by SemiGreat View Post
                im positive most on my list were already mentioned

pac - timmy 1
                dlh - tito
                dlh - ssm
                may - jlc 1
                hagler - srl
                pea - ramirez
                pea - jcc
                pac - jmm 1
                Those 2 decisions against Sweet Pea Whitaker were a disgrace.

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post

Lewis-Holyfield 1

Whitaker-Chavez

Whitaker- Ramirez

Agreed on these. And I gotta throw in Williams-Lara from 2011. I was a big Williams fan as it was never boring with him throwing so many punches per round, but he lost that fight. Just like in the second Martinez fight, he got caught by a southpaw with the overhand left, but just didn't get knocked down with it that time.

And to answer your second question, the decision wasn't overturned, but the judges for that fight were I believe suspended or suspended from judging any major fights for a long period of time, can anyone confirm this?

Comment

Erislandy Lara vs Paul Williams is one of the worst decisions I always go back to. And its one of the few where judges actually got punished it was so bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
                      Agreed on these. And I gotta throw in Williams-Lara from 2011. I was a big Williams fan as it was never boring with him throwing so many punches per round, but he lost that fight. Just like in the second Martinez fight, he got caught by a southpaw with the overhand left, but just didn't get knocked down with it that time.

And to answer your second question, the decision wasn't overturned, but the judges for that fight were I believe suspended or suspended from judging any major fights for a long period of time, can anyone confirm this?
                      I heard about that but have never actually watched it.

I'm not sure about the judges fate from Martinez-Cintron but I certainly hope there were some kind of repercussions from it. That was just awful and I highly disliked Cintron after that fight. He had the nerve to complain that he was robbed by the scoring. They even took a point away from Martinez for butting (because of Cintrons whining) when replay showed it was a clean punch.

Edit: If you were taking about Whitaker-Chavez I don't recall any official punishment for those Judges but they probably never worked again for any major fights. At least not in the US. One of the judges in the first Lewis-Holyfield fight was investigated I believe.
                      Last edited by joseph5620; 02-18-2017, 08:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X