No announcement yet.

Manny vs. Crawford, who ya got?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GOD-FR33 View Post
    See. This is a good post besides the "Floyd outboxed Manny part". It's more complicated than that really. Floyd didn't outbox Manny. He tried BUT he was unsuccessful. Floyd was good at giving you the impression that he was in control and that he was outboxing Manny. The truth is, he wasn't doing much of anything effective. Manny took away Floyd's amateurish jab, his jabs to the body, and his right hand. He never snapped Manny's head back once in 12 rounds. Why? Because Manny is smarter than we all imagined. His ring IQ and reflexes matched Floyd's. Everyone thought Manny had to be more aggressive but he didn't. He is more gifted than Floyd, physically and the fight proved it. He had one arm after four rounds and still made Floyd look "ordinary". If you're an honest poster, you would never say that Floyd outboxed Manny. Because it's not true.

Didn't snap his head back once? Ha, he did that twice in the first round alone.

I understand you're a Pacquiao fan so i wont bite too much. I'm a neutral and i call it how i see it. I don't buy the shoulder injury being as bad as they said, he was still swinging wildly at times during the later rounds. I've seen guys with that injury that could barely lift a glass of water to their mouth, ask David Haye about his. I don't care how tough a guy is, that's an awful injury, you physically can't throw anything with it, Manny did.

Anyway this debate is done to death and boring, i'll be glad when both guys are retired to be honest.

So lets not focus on the past, it's history now and neither guy come out of it looking great. My point was that people cant judge Manny just because he lost to Floyd. I personally felt Floyd did a good job in that fight and found a way to deal with Manny's style and get the win, so he did outbox him in my opinion. there's more to boxing than just throwing shots. A guy like JMM or Mayweather will always pose problems for Manny, no matter who you think won any of those fights. Styles make fights.

But Manny IS a smart fighter in his own right and a guy like Crawford's style will give Manny less of a headache than JMM or Mayweather will. It will allow Manny to fight his usual fight more, and IF! he has anything left, i don't think Crawford can live with that. Manny is deceptively smart and if his physical tools are still good for a fight or two, i think Crawford isn't experienced enough to deal with his IQ or athleticism yet.
    Last edited by deathofaclown; 10-26-2015, 10:38 AM.

Comment

• Also, don't rule out a Robbery if it goes to the cards and fairly close.

Arum needs a star and it will be a big audience. He tried it with Bradley by robbing his own guy Pacquiao because he knew he needed a new guy, it backfired because everyone could see he didn't win.

If this fight happens and it's anything near to a close fight, Arum won't think twice about having the judges rob Pacquiao of a victory, if it's his last fight. Arum is lower than a snakes belly and doing this would be nothing to him.

Comment

• manny, but im sure arum will pay him off to lose and Crawford will be the next best thing. Crawford will try to use floyds blueprint but I don't know if he has the tools

Comment

• Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
          why is he done???
          He's done brah. He's just another fighter hanging on to his past

Comment

• Hahaha!!!

Originally posted by DeandreXI View Post
            He's done brah. He's just another fighter hanging on to his past

When he beats Crawford's ass, never come here again. Manny has forgotten more about boxing than TC KNOWS. Did you not watch May 2nd? Wait, let me guess, you're a Floyd fan? Manny's hanging on to the past???? Hahahaha! Crawford better pray Manny is OLD or else he gets KO'ed.

Comment

• 50/50 fight as it stands. Reason being is that Pac isnt even a full time fighter anymore. His focus is more on politics than boxing.

Comment

• Most guys go on a streak of losses at the end of their careers, will this be Pacquiao's?

Comment

• Floyd didn't win...

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
                  Didn't snap his head back once? Ha, he did that twice in the first round alone.

I understand you're a Pacquiao fan so i wont bite too much. I'm a neutral and i call it how i see it. I don't buy the shoulder injury being as bad as they said, he was still swinging wildly at times during the later rounds. I've seen guys with that injury that could barely lift a glass of water to their mouth, ask David Haye about his. I don't care how tough a guy is, that's an awful injury, you physically can't throw anything with it, Manny did.

Anyway this debate is done to death and boring, i'll be glad when both guys are retired to be honest.

So lets not focus on the past, it's history now and neither guy come out of it looking great. My point was that people cant judge Manny just because he lost to Floyd. I personally felt Floyd did a good job in that fight and found a way to deal with Manny's style and get the win, so he did outbox him in my opinion. there's more to boxing than just throwing shots. A guy like JMM or Mayweather will always pose problems for Manny, no matter who you think won any of those fights. Styles make fights.

But Manny IS a smart fighter in his own right and a guy like Crawford's style will give Manny less of a headache than JMM or Mayweather will. It will allow Manny to fight his usual fight more, and IF! he has anything left, i don't think Crawford can live with that. Manny is deceptively smart and if his physical tools are still good for a fight or two, i think Crawford isn't experienced enough to deal with his IQ or athleticism yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
                    Also, don't rule out a Robbery if it goes to the cards and fairly close.

Arum needs a star and it will be a big audience. He tried it with Bradley by robbing his own guy Pacquiao because he knew he needed a new guy, it backfired because everyone could see he didn't win.

If this fight happens and it's anything near to a close fight, Arum won't think twice about having the judges rob Pacquiao of a victory, if it's his last fight. Arum is lower than a snakes belly and doing this would be nothing to him.
                    I agree - ifs its remotely close I think Crawford will get the nod.

Arum would happily rob Many for a few more bucks...

Comment

• Originally posted by GOD-FR33 View Post
                      Let it go man. He lost. It's half a year ago too. Life is too short to try to change history of something that isn't that important. It's just a boxing match and the correct decision was made about who won. If anyone has time to sit and edit a full fight into a 5 minute video to try and prove something that doesn't exist, then i feel bad for them.

It's just entertainment at the end of the day, don't let it get you down to the point of looking desperate about something that actually has no real impact on you as a person.

Just let it go. Nothing is going to change the fact that Mayweather won and rightly was awarded the win. No amount of edited videos or bitter words can change it.

I say this as a neutral, i didn't care about who won. I just call it as i see it. Just because Pacquiao lost, it doesn't take away all the great achievements of his. He just lost a fight to another great fighter. Not worth being upset about.
                      Last edited by deathofaclown; 10-27-2015, 12:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X