Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you rather see GGG against Martinez or Hopkins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by puga View Post
    lol , sergio ofcourse.. GGG is too small for bhop ...
    Golovkin spars with cruiserweights.

Anyway, Martinez is the obvious answer, people are considering Hopkins because they don't see a Martinez fight being made any time soon (as well as those who want to see Golovkin lose).

Comment

Sergio and it ain't even close.

Comment

I dont like the Poopkins fight. BPoop has nothing to gain in beating a supposed untested MW and GG wont win ppl over in beating a 48yearold. GG-Martinez is THE fight at 160.

Comment

GGG vs Hopkins is a gross mismatch. Martinez vs GGG is a classic. Its also THEE fight at 160 hands down.

Comment

GGG would probably KO martinez ala Margarito, unless he gets alcohol poisoning before the fight or replaces training with bong hits. But Hopkins would give him all types of problems at 175. He's still got the smarts and the chin.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
              Golovkin spars with cruiserweights.

Anyway, Martinez is the obvious answer, people are considering Hopkins because they don't see a Martinez fight being made any time soon (as well as those who want to see Golovkin lose).
              well , rigo spars with lw's, i guess we could put him in there with ricky burns...

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Balls View Post
                You may be right, but i rate Golovkin very highly. I'm more fond of him than most. I think he will be a great dominant champ, and i don't think Hopkins is all that anymore. I always root for the man (Hopkins) but lets not fool ourselves about Tavoris Cloud's abilities. He's not a very good fighter.

All in all though i think 175 is ridiculous for Golovkin to fight at. 168 at the very most.
                Even with Hopkins "not being all that anymore", he still bullies, humiliates, and schools a prime fighter like Golovkin at 175.

If you tell me Hopkins goes down to 168 to meet up with Golovkin, then i'd see how Golovkin would stand a chance. But Hopkins would be giving GG the win if he does that, weight draining himself.

And sorry, I am not convinced that Golovkin is any better than Cloud. Cloud has losses, probably could have 3 in total [Johnson (Personally I thought it was a Draw), Campillo, Hopkins], but those three guys are far better than any one Golovkin has fought. It's easy to belittle Cloud because of his losses, when Golovkin has not fought the level of fighters Cloud has fought.

I'd compare Cloud's wins against Johnson*, Woods, Mack, Zuniga, and Gonzalez to Golovkin's best wins against Proksa, Rosado, Ouma, Ishida, and Gardner. The only difference is that Cloud has losses, which is what happens when you fight good competition.

I am not criticizing Golovkin, or bigging up Cloud. I want to see GG against the best just like every one else. In the meantime, I can not praise GG too much.

Comment

I'd prefer Martinez but if a BHOP fight happens, it's not like I wouldn't watch it. I'd be kind of scared for Hopkins though because of his age.

Comment

-Kev-,

Yeah i'm definitely going more by ability and what i see as opposed to notable wins when i'm big on Golovkin and somewhat meh about Cloud.

It's impossible for me to argue my point as it is yet to play out.
                    I think Hopkins is a favorite at 175, but it's a winnable fight for Golovkin IF he's as good as i think he is.

He should fight Martinez though.

Comment

Working...
                    X