No announcement yet.

What do you know about Islam?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
    I don't have either the time or the patience to sit here and explain the big bang theory to a person such as yourself. Infact, given the astounding scientific ignorance displayed in the post I've quoted, I'd probably find more success attempting to squeeze water from a stone.

Or in layman's terms : You're a ******.
    So what are you like Lucy's 3000th generation son, makes sense why your so ******ed

Comment

Come on people lets keep this diffusion civilized yeh, no need to be calling any one ******ed and shinobi108 calm down lool, lets talk in a civilized manner. This thread was on the misconceptions about Islam not is God real or not

Comment

Originally posted by shinobi108 View Post
        Lol at calling me ******ed for believing in god but you think your smart because you believe in random flying rocks and monkies giving birth to humans
        No, you're ******ed because you can't even spell 'you're' correctly.

Secondly, the fact that you think evolution claims that 'monkies' "gave birth to humans" is statement enough for any educated individual to deduce the fact that you're entirely vacuous.

Even a scientific novice understands that evolution claims man and ape came from a common ancestor.

Which explains why you don't.

Now don't you have another account to get back to trolling with, shinobi108?Or is it bunce101, today? Or Carlos El-Indio? Or Quintana? Or thiago? Or Klitschko101? Or R 9 Ronaldo?
        Last edited by ßringer; 01-08-2013, 08:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by fuzzy101 View Post
          Come on people lets keep this diffusion civilized yeh, no need to be calling any one ******ed and shinobi108 calm down lool, lets talk in a civilized manner. This thread was on the misconceptions about Islam not is God real or not
          You can't create a thread about a religion and expect no responses from people who find it silly.

That'd be like creating a thread about an Adam Sandler movie and expecting nobody to **** on it.

Comment

Sorry but but big bang theory is meant to be a comedy show on tv not something to be taken seriously
            But the notion of a supreme being is?

Comment

In a historic context, I know that Islam began around the year 610 in the Arabian penninsula, when the prophet Muhammad began preaching the revelation that he supposedly received from God when he was 40 years old.

I also know that much like Christianity, it's spread was helped in large part due to a variety of armed empires and dynasties who spread out conquering surrounding areas in order to further their goal of subjugating as many people as possible . The Umayyad caliphate (and other successive ones) were particularly successful in propagating the faith by treating all non-Muslims in the region as second class citizens.

That's a very brief synopsis on the origins of Islam.

More important than that, is that I view Islam in the same way that I view every other monotheistic and Abrahamic religion of the world : As a putrid cancer that not only hinders our advancement as a species by attempting to permanently shackle us to our primitive past, but as the ultimate form of both mental slavery, and pure evil.
              Bringer you are on fire, won't let me give you anymore green.

I know plenty of Islam, since I really started studying it after 9/11. History is one of my favorite things to learn about and even more so religious history.

Islam is the same religion 3.0.....comes from the same myths and stories the other 2 Abrahamic religions come from and 2000 years later gullible people still cling to them in fear.
              Last edited by Cuauhtémoc1520; 01-08-2013, 08:38 AM.

Comment

I ain't a big fan of religion and Islam is right at the top of that list. The only benefit I can see is that it gives the ability to believe in nothing and in-turn that motivates and strengthens a person.

I'm just not naive enough to believe in something like that, there has never been any proof for God's existence but that's what 'faith' is. Religion seems to create these loop holes, you ask a question about God's existence and the reply is 'have faith'.

Well I'd much rather learn about what we're actually discovering outside of this planet and the universe rather then telling myself that I'll find out in the end only to be disappointed. Once you're dead, that's it - you rot into oblivion. The unknown is too much for any human to handle and religion will be around until all humans can accept death - which isn't very likely. If it gets you through the day and makes you a better person, that's great.

Science and religion don't go hand in hand, just like alchemy, astrology - religion is the biggest pseudo-science going.

Comment

i don''t know **** about islam lmao

Comment

No, you're ******ed because you can't even spell 'you're' correctly.

Secondly, the fact that you think evolution claims that 'monkies' "gave birth to humans" is statement enough for any educated individual to deduce the fact that you're entirely vacuous.

Even a scientific novice understands that evolution claims man and ape came from a common ancestor.

Which explains why you don't.

Now don't you have another account to get back to trolling with, shinobi108?Or is it bunce101, today? Or Carlos El-Indio? Or Quintana? Or thiago? Or Klitschko101? Or R 9 Ronaldo?
                    Sorry but you just ended the conversation when you said apes and humans have a common ancestor, im sorry but if you believe you have some gorilla cousin out there in the zoo go right ahead, but the rational sane folk of the world will tell you the most logical deduction is clearly god created the first human being and his wife

Comment

Whats happens when you die? where did you come from, where did the first man come from, what about the origins of this planet and the goldilocks effect of it
                      We don't know, science admits it doesn't know everything. The leap from trying to understand the world with the tools we have like Math, physics, medicine and the technologies we have developed to believing some god created everything is absurd. You can believe in what you want and you have that right but it won't stop science from advancing and the more science does advance, the more it contradicts what religion preaches.

Lol at calling me ******ed for believing in god but you think your smart because you believe in random flying rocks and monkies giving birth to humans
                      People who accept evolution don't believe in flying rocks and monkey's giving birth to humans. Humans and primates share a common ancestor and the big bang theory is only one explanation of how life might have started on earth but we aren't sure of course.

Comment

Working...
                      X