No announcement yet.

Would Floyd fight the Ghost on CBS?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would Floyd fight the Ghost on CBS?

I'll admit the fight with Guerrero is a disappointment. I hope he does well but don't see a way he can pull the upset.
    However I think this could become a huge fight if they put it on network TV. Floyd could say it is a tune up fight to see where he is at following a jail stint.

Now I have no idea how this would affect Floyds money. I would imagine that CBS could offer a huge guarantee and charge super bowl like prices for advertising. I am sure all of Floyd's accountants on this site will be quick to offer insight into why this could or could not work.

But imagine the build up and hype this one would generate if it was for free on a saturday night on cinco de mayo weekend. I think it would be huge for Floyd and his legacy.

Thoughts?

No he wouldn't.

/thread

Comment

Floyds an HBO fighter. Hes not fighting on CBS.

Comment

Myweather is NOT the Super Bowl. Theres a reason why fights aren't on TV anymore and thats MONEY!! HBO pay per view is set up for the boxing fans to order!! Network has long forgotten about so-called big names in boxing!
        Ray.

Comment

Is CBS going to give Floyd 30+ million?
          I'd see him doing it for that much because he gets paid and massive exposure

Comment

noooooooooooooooooooo

Comment

If Floyd fought on CBS, it would be great for the sport. Ratings would be solid if not great. The only problem is Floyd's $$$$$. Is Les Moonves going to pay him? He only fights for the money and PPVs bring in money.

Comment

If CBS pays more than HBO, he'll fight on CBS.

Comment

No, the guy is greedy fighting on FREE tv the most he will get is 5 million, I doubt there will be that many high paying sponsors or advertisers willing to dish out a million bucks per 30 second commercial.

PPV he will get overpaid with a 10 million or 20 million guarantee, and earn more on PPV buys, golden boy probably only makes 500 thousand after investing millions in a floyd ppv this is how dumb they are, they really are desperate for a big name that they dont care if they take a loss.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
                    Myweather is NOT the Super Bowl. Theres a reason why fights aren't on TV anymore and thats MONEY!! HBO pay per view is set up for the boxing fans to order!! Network has long forgotten about so-called big names in boxing!
                    Ray.
                    A Mayweather or Pac fight on CBS would be the only sporting event that could even come close to the super bowl. It would make a huge statement for boxing to get ratings like that. They'd have solid proof that it's still one of the top sports.

Comment

Working...
                    X