Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is going on with Jose Benavidez Jr.?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lovci View Post
    He's young, and has plenty of time. Can't stand when people bash teenagers and 20-22 year olds for not stepping it up to the world level. They have all the time in the world.

At that age, they need to develop physically and more importantly, mentally.
    Yup he was in life and death mode that last fight in the 8th round, that might of took something out of him, he was dead just standing.

Comment

Originally posted by Lovci View Post
      At that age, they need to develop physically and more importantly, mentally.
      BULLSHT!!!!!!! Then why is he fighting guys who are 25/26/30 years old?????? I'll tell you why, because those guys had bad records! It has NOTHING to do with age or 22 year olds would ONLY be fighting guys who were their age. Any unbeaten 22 year old protected fighter is more than willing to fight a 30 year old as long as their record is 6-4. And if anyone actually bothers to watch ShowBox, they would see young unbeaten fighters facing other young and older unbeaten fighters. Until team jose stops with the overprotective crap, he will not receive ESPN/HBO/or ShowBox type media coverage and will stay on late night obscure Telefutura type shows fighting guys who are 10-6.
      Last edited by richardt; 05-11-2013, 06:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Thad.Castle View Post
        His body punching is amazing, but glad he taking it slow hes young, and that body still needs to fill out.

2 fights a year till he come into his own then have 3-4 fights a year

i'm glad you don't handle fighters...

if benavidez hands are healthy he should be fighting every couple of months, especially if he doesn't step up.

Comment

Originally posted by Thad.Castle View Post
          Yup he was in life and death mode that last fight in the 8th round, that might of took something out of him, he was dead just standing.
          In other words, one of his setups almost backfired. If a fighter is going to get badly wobbled and almost out on their feet, they should do it against a popular guy who is 22-1 or 16-0 with TV exposure on ShoBox or HBO then on some obscure Boxing card for less money.
          Last edited by richardt; 05-11-2013, 06:44 PM.

Comment

He waiting for his right hand to heal . He's kind of d-Rosing it . I hope it see him fight toon. Best talent I've seen Ina long time. Dude could give any one problems. I'm just Leary of his chin

Comment

Hand

I work with him. He's out because of his hand. He fought most of the fight in October with one hand, and has been rehabbing it. He had surgery a bit ago (6 weeksish?) and expects to be back in the gym pretty soon.

Comment

I think main reason he was rocked in that round was due to fatigue. He's never been that far in a fight so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. I usually do when stuff like that happens. If it continues to happen then I'll admit its a problem.

My guess is they're giving his hands proper time to heal (if that ever happens). Hopefully he can get that under control cause he has good power too. I'd hate to see him turn into a Malignaggi.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by emily610
                  I work with him. He's out because of his hand. He fought most of the fight in October with one hand, and has been rehabbing it. He had surgery a bit ago (6 weeksish?) and expects to be back in the gym pretty soon.
                  Well, didn't read this post before posting mine.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Working...
                  X