Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bias from Posters on this site is amazing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Floyd is a victim of his own success and his own arrogant persona. People want him to be challenged and to be matched as tough as possible. Some are convinced that Canelo is THE guy at 154 that can provide the challenge.

Realistically, Cotto is a small LMW and an established fighter, that's why Floyd fought him. Canelo seems to have the fanbase, but he isn't established/proven and he has one good win. Floyd does have a habit of fighting guys coming off a good win though, so maybe Canelo's recent victory will be enough for him. For the risk that Canelo potentially presents, I think Floyd will want a bigger reward. I think he'll let the fight marinate and see if Canelo can build himself up high enough in order for the match-up to be unavoidable.

Comment

Originally posted by Calabis View Post
      Floyd Mayweather came in 2 pounds over the limit of 144 against Marquez(142)....yet people here said he cheated and had a huge weight advantage....he's a cherry picker, blah, blah, blah.

Yet Canelo walks in at 172 last night and Floyd who can barely make 151 on a good day is a bi*tch for not fighting a guy who outweighs him by 20-24lbs?

How about Canelo going up to fight Martinez, Chavez Jr and Ward, instead of worrying about some dude at 147? Those are much more interesting fights imo.

I don't get all the hate against Floyd, is he annoying as hell at times....Yes he is........., but he is a master in the ring and has been a dominate boxer for over a decade.
      LMAO....all I sense is big time fear from a lot of people who were claiming Floyd was gonna squash this kid not more than a week ago. Doesn't really seem like this is a good fight for Floyd now does it? All Floyd needs to do is toss away his 154 pound title and come up with a reason to not fight Canelo, and problem solved.

Comment

Look Mayweather fights at 154 and also has a belt, Canelo fights at 154 not 160 so yes it doesn't matter what weight he rehydrates to. Mayweather should be available to fight Canelo considering the money he would bring to the table, I don't get where all these weight excuses are coming from all of a sudden.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
          I don't see why people think Floyd won't fight him. For one, 40,000 fans showed up to watch Canelo last night. Two, I don't see anything about Canelos game that tells me he could beat Floyd.
          For starters, he throws every punch with the intent of knocking out his opponents. He throws well-timed sharp hard punches to the body and head. Mayweather will voluntarily lay against the ropes and invite Canelo to come in, but Canelo won't get carried away throwing wild and sloppy punches and will slowly break Floyd down and stop him in the late rounds.

Comment

TS is an idiot. They both have to make 154, either floyd wants to be a champ at that weight or he can keep fighting super FW's and LW's at welterweight....oh hang on a minute..

Comment

Originally posted by Carpe Diem View Post
              For starters, he throws every punch with the intent of knocking out his opponents. He throws well-timed sharp hard punches to the body and head. Mayweather will voluntarily lay against the ropes and invite Canelo to come in, but Canelo won't get carried away throwing wild and sloppy punches and will slowly break Floyd down and stop him in the late rounds.
              People were calling me an idiot, troll, whatever for saying that Canelo would stop Floyd a while ago. I just hope this fight shows that the kid is not a mirage and that him putting in on Floyd is a real possibility and Floyd would be wise to stay away from him.

Comment

Originally posted by deejd View Post
                You think Canelo's the best opposition?
                After Sergio Martinez, Gennady Golovkin and possibly Manny Pacquiao, yes.

Comment

floyd cheated. canelo didn't.

Comment

Originally posted by junior gong View Post
                    TS is an idiot. They both have to make 154, either floyd wants to be a champ at that weight or he can keep fighting super FW's and LW's at welterweight....oh hang on a minute..
                    Aren't they top ranked welterweights, with wins over welterweight champions, in the same division as Floyd? Exactly like your example. Way to show bias.

Floyd keeps cherry picking guys who are LWs, despite those two guys being top ranked welterweights! Floyd needs to move up and fight Canelo, despite coming up from jrLW himself.

Wouldn't that be Canelo picking on a jrLW?

Comment

So you're saying Floyd is too small to fight in the weight class that he has a belt in?

Why doesn't he just give his belt to canelo then lol?

Comment

Working...
                      X