No announcement yet.

Jermain Taylor: "I Want To Make an Impact at 168"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bsrizpac View Post
    Nice attempt at excuses YET again. So basically once again you are a ridiculous caricature of a real boxing fan. Most people on this thread not biased towards any nationality are starting to notice.

Why are Roy and Joe even remotely the same in being "both past their best"? Just a ridiculous statement.
    Im not making excuses about anything. Im asking you a simple question and you point blank refuse to answer it. Why is that?

Joe and Roy are both in their late 30s, are both clearly not as vibrant than they were in their younger days. Hence they're both past their best. Hardly ridiculous at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by abadger View Post
      Eubank, Mitchell, Reid, Kessler, Hopkins, Woodhall would all absolutely have a chance against Pavlik,.
      Eubank as i stated before had not won a fight that mattered in several years by the time he fought Calzaghe. He was old, he never won a fight after that either.

Mitchell, cmon now, the guy had a draw and a loss to Bruno Girard before fighting Calzaghe. On top of that two very tough fights with Manny Siaca who is nothing but a door stop.

Woodhall, musta been just about washed up since he never fought again afterwards. Before fighting Calzaghe he was inactive to the tune of 1 or 2 fights a year for the 3 years prior. Also coming off a loss to Markus Beyer, who is average at best.

Robin Reid has not fought in a whole damn year going into the Calzaghe fight, he was also coming off a loss to Thulani Malinga who had 10 losses himself.

Isn't it strange that Calzaghe fought everyone of these guys after they came off of a loss and period of inactivity?

No way in holy hell those guys beat a primed Pavlik at the point in their career that they lost to Calzaghe.

Hopkins, Kessler you can make a case for, the others, no way.

Comment

[/B]

Poor guy. Just such a conspiracy of EVERYONE ducking him and a massive conspiracy to keep him from getting those top fights. Everyone should feel bad for him.
        Another example of a paranoid bsrizpac fact. Where did I say any of that?

As usual, I say "blue", you take it as "green".

Any chance of answering my question?

Comment

Awwww....are you still a racist queer? check. Kill yourself.
          hahaha still crying over hunter010s post i see.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
            Um......you were commenting on how Taylor did just as well against Hopkins as Calzaghe and that Hopkins was younger.

So I said Taylor was over a decade younger than Calzaghe, so surely using your age logic, he should've done a lot better against Hopkins.

I didnt know you were relating it to Pavlik. But in any case, it shows Taylor is slightly overrated and I think was an accident waiting to happen judged on his Spinks and Ouma performances.

Thats your opinion. Calzaghe was considered a puncher in his younger days, he's had a history of hand troubles. I think Calzaghe's prime was much earlier, he was just never given the top calibre fights he deserved.
            ummm...when youre in your 40s and youre a boxer, its guarenteed that youre going downhill with each year.
            I was comparing older Hopkins to younger Hopkins. thats completely different from comparing one fighter to a different fighter...especially when both those fighters are below 40.

When was Calzaghe's prime then.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post
              Eubank as i stated before had not won a fight that mattered in several years by the time he fought Calzaghe. He was old, he never won a fight after that either.

Mitchell, cmon now, the guy had a draw and a loss to Bruno Girard before fighting Calzaghe. On top of that two very tough fights with Manny Siaca who is nothing but a door stop.

Woodhall, musta been just about washed up since he never fought again afterwards. Before fighting Calzaghe he was inactive to the tune of 1 or 2 fights a year for the 3 years prior. Also coming off a loss to Markus Beyer, who is average at best.

Robin Reid has not fought in a whole damn year going into the Calzaghe fight, he was also coming off a loss to Thulani Malinga who had 10 losses himself.

Isn't it strange that Calzaghe fought everyone of these guys after they came off of a loss and period of inactivity?

No way in holy hell those guys beat a primed Pavlik at the point in their career that they lost to Calzaghe.

Hopkins, Kessler you can make a case for, the others, no way.
              Boxrec merchant alert!!!!!!

Comment

Boxrec merchant alert!!!!!!
                facts alert!

run for the hills!

Comment

He was nowhere near as strong in the first 6 - it was more like 4 - against Calzaghe as he was in the last 6 against Taylor.

He caught Calzaghe cold which made Joe more cautious early on, rather than Hopkins more strong. He knocked Joe down and still didnt press the issue.

Whereas he had Taylor hurt and staggering all over the ring late on.

People underestimate how much better Calzaghe was at making Hopkins feel the pace and feel his age. Taylor, Winky and Tarver werent able to make him use his legs nearly enough.
                  Holy ****. Even when I make a post that doesn't criticize Calzaghe in any form or fashion, you instinctively show up to defend him. Like a little brother, almost. Or an overprotective boyfriend.

And you are "taking it from all sides" right now because every time someone makes you look stupid, you come along and spew more stupidity in an effort to defend yourself, and people feel compelled to call you out on that ****, and then you say more stupid ****, and so on and so on.

Comment

• Originally posted by blackirish137 View Post
                    ummm...when youre in your 40s and youre a boxer, its guarenteed that youre going downhill with each year.
                    I was comparing older Hopkins to younger Hopkins. thats completely different from comparing one fighter to a different fighter...especially when both those fighters are below 40.

When was Calzaghe's prime then.
                    And I was comparing older Calzaghe to younger Calzaghe.

Calzaghe at Taylor's age was much closer to his prime.

Comment

• Can someone sum up this thread for me...At first it was about Taylor and now it has changed over to a Calzaghe thread!

Thanks in advance!

Comment

Working...
                      X