No announcement yet.

HBO Says Hopkins and Sturm Fight Close

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HBO Says Hopkins and Sturm Fight Close

Sources close to HBO have informed BoxingScene that Bernard Hopkins and Felix Sturm are close to meeting in the ring next January. HBO has set aside a January date for the record breaking 20th title defense by Bernard Hopkins. Felix Sturm is the number one contender to the crown of Hopkins and Hopkins has already stated that he will "not" vacate any of his titles.

Hopkins has said that Felix Sturm is his mandatory and he will give Sturm his deserved shot at the title. Most remember Felix Sturm as the young undefeated fighter who almost pulled of the upset by beating Oscar De La Hoya only a few months ago. The near upset almost derailed the biggest fight of the year, Hopkins vs. De La Hoya. [details]

well if its his mandatory is cool, bout to say that Hopkins picks sturm to defend his number 20, i hope its on january 14 my B-DAY one day before Hopkins B-DAY

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Reeno
      Sources close to HBO have informed BoxingScene that Bernard Hopkins and Felix Sturm are close to meeting in the ring next January. HBO has set aside a January date for the record breaking 20th title defense by Bernard Hopkins. Felix Sturm is the number one contender to the crown of Hopkins and Hopkins has already stated that he will "not" vacate any of his titles.

Hopkins has said that Felix Sturm is his mandatory and he will give Sturm his deserved shot at the title. Most remember Felix Sturm as the young undefeated fighter who almost pulled of the upset by beating Oscar De La Hoya only a few months ago. The near upset almost derailed the biggest fight of the year, Hopkins vs. De La Hoya. [details]
      Very nice!!

Hopkins needs to take out Sturm then whoop Tito's ass again.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Reeno

Fine It's clear that BH wants to keep all the titles and belts at his disposal until maybe he retires . . . . . . . I simply find this part fo the article a little bit insulting . . .
        young undefeated fighter who almost pulled of the upset by beating Oscar De La Hoya only a few months ago.
        Maybe you people know why.

Comment

this will post problems for hopkins when he faces this german boxer because sturm's style is very scientific and he's got a very good jab! i am wondering if sturm has the chin because as we all know hopkins is a monster and will overpower every fighter there is in the middleweight class! no question about sturm's boxing ability as he has shown during his fight with dela hoya, he has proven he can move and score punches! nonetheless, this is an exciting fight, i hope hopkins doesn't underestimate this german kid because he will be sorry if he does that, this boxer is young and talented and has the promise of a top caliber boxer!

Comment

something to look forward to again

Comment

? why did you bump a 6 year old thread

Comment

WTF? I was like, "Who the **** wants to see Hop-Sturm?" lol

Comment

Originally posted by borikua View Post
                  WTF? I was like, "Who the **** wants to see Hop-Sturm?" lol
                  I would, it is what should have happened if not for the robbery against DLH.

Lets make this right, I got Felix at this point.

Comment

damn this thread nearly gave me a heart attack. lol thanks for the bump a*shole

Comment

Working...
                    X