Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can somebody explain to me how is that Rigondeaux dont have a chance against Doanire?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can somebody explain to me how is that Rigondeaux dont have a chance against Doanire?

I see no logic in that argument at all. If you match them side by side, Rigo s faster, has equally or more power, Rigo is the better counter puncher ogf the 2 with better defense.

Now Im not saying Rigo will win base on that, my take is that Donaire wins a close UD base on activity.

It seems what doanire fans are hoping is for Rigo's chin to not hold up against Donaire's power, cuz thats the only x factor here. If rigo's chin is up to the challenge then donaire is in a wolrd of shit. I mean it will be streches when Donaire will swing for air and not lay a glove on Rigo. I mean when Vazquez Jr boxed against Donaire he made him look bad for streches, Donaire couldnt lay a decent glove on small ass narvaes. Imagine what rigo can do to this guy.

The notion that Donaire will win and easily is ridiculous and wishful thinking. This is a 50/50 fight, that if both guys play to their strengths it will be very close.

Like I said I got donaire in a close fight because of activoty and Donaire is a smart fighter and knows how to still rounds.

Marroquin was hurting him left and right
    Donaire WILL connect on Rigo and he will take him out

Comment

You mentioning Vazquez and Narvaez isn't a template to success for Rigo to win.....

Its akin saying to beat Pac you have to do what Mosley did

Comment

Originally posted by MJ223 View Post
        You mentioning Vazquez and Narvaez isn't a template to success for Rigo to win.....

Not at all, im just saying that those guys dont have the boxing skills or defense as Rigondeaiux, doesnt matter the style they usually fight, is just they had succes doing what Rigo might do.

Comment

Originally posted by MJ223 View Post

No, it's just like saying that against certain opponents a fighter can look bad.

Pacquiao looked bad against Mosley and Clottey, but he clearly beat them both, then he faced an amazing counter puncher like Marquez and got beaten.

Donaire looked bad against Narvaez and Vazquez, and he clearly beat both of them. Now he's facing a great counter puncher like Rigondeaux.

Now I'm not saying Rigo is going to win, and Donaire is completely different from Pacquiao, but I don't think this is going to be easy as some people here seem to believe.

Comment

I give Rigo a chance. I feel he can outbox Donaire.

I worry about Rigo's chin though. He doesn't have a great chin like an Amir Khan.

Comment

Originally posted by El C@cique@PR View Post
              Not at all, im just saying that those guys dont have the boxing skills or defense as Rigondeaiux, doesnt matter the style they usually fight, is just they had succes doing what Rigo might do.
              I think that's why most people are picking Donaire..... We've see what he can do when faced against the best..... Most if not all of Rigo predictions for a W is based on what he might do

That or bringing up his AM record

Comment

I see no logic in that argument at all. If you match them side by side, Rigo s faster, has equally or more power, Rigo is the better counter puncher ogf the 2 with better defense.

Now Im not saying Rigo will win base on that, my take is that Donaire wins a close UD base on activity.

It seems what doanire fans are hoping is for Rigo's chin to not hold up against Donaire's power, cuz thats the only x factor here. If rigo's chin is up to the challenge then donaire is in a wolrd of shit. I mean it will be streches when Donaire will swing for air and not lay a glove on Rigo. I mean when Vazquez Jr boxed against Donaire he made him look bad for streches, Donaire couldnt lay a decent glove on small ass narvaes. Imagine what rigo can do to this guy.

The notion that Donaire will win and easily is ridiculous and wishful thinking. This is a 50/50 fight, that if both guys play to their strengths it will be very close.

Like I said I got donaire in a close fight because of activoty and Donaire is a smart fighter and knows how to still rounds.
                I agree on practically everything. One of the most overused lines on this site is "so-and-so will destroy so-and-so." This isn't Mike Tyson versus Michael Spinks. These are two excellent, well-matched fighters with similar qualities and some individual strengths of their own. I'm with you: I give the edge to Donaire, but this is practically a 50-50 fight where anything can happen.

Comment

Yeah I don't think there's any question Rigondeaux has a chance. A hell of a chance. I'm going to be pulling for Donaire but I'm scared for him in this one -- Rigo is a highly skilled, highly confident individual.

Comment

What success did Narvaez have? I keep hearing this

Comment

Working...
                    X