Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can someone explain how Mayweather is past it?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can someone explain how Mayweather is past it?

I don't get how Mayweather is past it... He came up to 154lbs threw more punches than hes ever thrown in a fight.. the guts of 700 punches, was dancing about in the 12th Round used great leg movement when he needed to and still had blistering handspeed

Which part of Floyd is looking old?

The eye test. Can you really look at comeback Floyd and 2006 Floyd and say comeback Floyd has lost nothing? Past prime Floyd is still great, the best fighter in the world, but he is past his prime.

Comment

None. Don't listen to those people, Floyd looked as good as ever. Haters just can't get over the fact that he hasn't been beaten and they will look for any flaw to try and highlight his imperfections.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
        The eye test. Can you really look at comeback Floyd and 2006 Floyd and say comeback Floyd has lost nothing? Past prime Floyd is still great, the best fighter in the world, but he is past his prime.
        I see slight differences, I notice he uses a more aggressive style now which means he's throwing more and taking more, I'd say he's as athletic as both ortiz and khan who are far younger.

His hand speed is the same, his power is the same, and when he showed his leg movements against Cotto it didn't look all that different

To be fair the only difference I really notice from him is his Balance isnt as good as it used to be. I don't think theres really any difference between him and for people to call him a shot fighter is hilarious.
        Last edited by Andyreww; 05-07-2012, 07:51 PM.

Comment

Floyd is not past prime he is using a different style, more crowd pleasing

Comment

Originally posted by retnuocllup View Post
            Floyd is not past prime he is using a different style, more crowd pleasing
            +1 This.

and I don't get how people can't see it?

Comment

Originally posted by Andyreww View Post
              I see slight differences, I notice he uses a more aggressive style now which means he's throwing more and taking more, I'd say he's as athletic as both ortiz and khan who are far younger.

His hand speed is the same, his power is the same, and when he showed his leg movements against Cotto it didn't look all that different

To be fair the only difference I really notice from him is his Balance isnt as good as it used to be. I don't think theres really any difference between him and for people to call him a shot fighter is hilarious.
              No one is calling him shot. That's the problem, too many people think past prime means shot. Past prime just means he isn't as good as he was at his absolute best, which is inevitable when talking about a 35 year old fighter.

Comment

Floyd is still very good but he is past his prime which is to be expected he's 35 now. Its a credit to floyd people still think he is prime.

Comment

He's not the same fighter he was in the Diego Corrales fight, naturally, due to age and him fighting at higher weight classes. But he's far from being past his prime, if he's past his prime than that shows how depressing boxing as a whole is, that a past his prime fighter is still the best in the business. I think he's just switched his style up to adapt to him aging, and it's working tremendous for him.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
                    He's not the same fighter he was in the Diego Corrales fight, naturally, due to age and him fighting at higher weight classes. But he's far from being past his prime, if he's past his prime than that shows how depressing boxing as a whole is, that a past his prime fighter is still the best in the business. I think he's just switched his style up to adapt to him aging, and it's working tremendous for him.
                    Yeah he looked great against corrales partly due to being at 135 I believe it was, I think Floyd is probably a natural Light welterweight.

Of course but It's really irritating me the way people are saying "Floyd is looking old" and I'm like are you ****ting me? 154lb weight class 700 Punches... 117-111 118 - 110 against a strong solid Miguel Cotto, he gets hit with a few jabs and some good body shots and suddenly he's looking old?

I dont get it.

Comment

Working...
                    X