Collapse
No announcement yet.

We Need a Tournament at Welterweight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't rate any of them, like I said I used the ratings from boxrec, which I also said has a weird point system. Thurman isn't in the current rankings because of inactivity.

Originally posted by cork View Post
    Few things look funny... You left out Thurman. Not sure how you rate Crawford over Spence as the top spot.

But overall not really interested in this. Thurman already beat two of the "too guys" at Welter. Thurman and Spence is the fight I want to see. Crawford still needs to prove he's a legit ww and everyone else is just fodder.

I would like to see dsg vs Crawford though. Pretty sure he makes dsg looks stupid but would like to see it still.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
      Terrence Crawford is the P4P king on many lists, actually.

And whoever were to come out on top from a field of Danny Garcia, Shawn Porter, Terrence Crawford, and Errol Spence would have a better resume than anyone else in boxing.
      In the lists of black supremacists like Andre Ward only

Unless beating midgets like Gamboa and chumps like Indongo is the new mark of greatness in this sport

Canelo would have a better resume than the winner of the hypothetical tourney if he beats GGG

Loma will still have a better resume if he beats Mikey

Comment

I don't like most tournaments. They take too long to complete and they tie up to many boxers. Some boxers who should be in are left out and other boxers who aren't very good are put in. My welterweight tournament would a very short one. Spence would fight Crawford and the winner wins the tournament and is the best welterweight in the world. The winner could then fight the Garcia vs Porter winner and later Thurman if he decides he is still a welterweight boxer who actually fights other top welterweights. I didn't include Pacquiao because at his age I give him almost no chance to beat Spence or Crawford.

Comment

They need to think of something. Fans will lose interest if fights aren’t getting made.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
            I think the people in the WW division are making too much money to take part in this.

But imagine Thurman, Spence, Crawford, Garcia, Khan, Porter and maybe a few others doing a round robin...
            Khan would want no part of a tournament in which he could not cherry pick his opponents, Maybe the Khan of many years ago would enter but not today's Khan. Besides he has no chance to win against Crawford or Spence. There is way too much fast accurate firepower for Khan to remain standing.

Comment

Originally posted by lopetego View Post
              In the lists of black supremacists like Andre Ward only

Crawford is #1 on BoxingScene's P4P list. I guess BoxingScene is a black supremacist.

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/view.php?pg=pound

Comment

you will never see a faceoff like the SM did with Froch and the rest. that was what boxing should be. Froch fought more then 10 fights against the best there was including LH. he was the last real fighter you will ever see. win lose or draw Froch fought the best

Comment

The GARSH knocks out every one of the other fighters at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post

Crawford is #1 on BoxingScene's P4P list. I guess BoxingScene is a black supremacist.

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/view.php?pg=pound
                    Lomachenko's resume is much better and you all know it

maybe we're dealing with a case of black supremacism mixed with american nationalism/xenophonia here

boxingscene is a murican site, run by muricans, muricans are perpetually jealous of the accomplishments of foreign fighters, SPECIALLY those from soviet countries.

It's a pathetic case of post cold war syndrome. Same reason the Klitschkos were never given their just due and HW division was basically ignored for years until a chump like Wilder appeared

any fighter from murica is given more praise that it deserves,

Comment

Arum probably wouldn't let Bud or any of his lesser guys enter lol. I think Bob & Oscar are both the biggest en****** in boxing to not have one guy signed or rumored to be in the WBSS yet.

Comment

Working...
                      X