No announcement yet.

Is the UFC dying?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the UFC dying?

It seems like it lacks the buzz that it used to have. Like the product has become stale with the public.

Coffin and shovels are ready

Comment

I think so, plus I feel eddie hearn cuck blocked dana whites zuffa boxing venture
      Last edited by FRANKIE420247; 06-11-2018, 04:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
        It seems like it lacks the buzz that it used to have. Like the product has become stale with the public.
        Definitely does but that's because Jon Jones barely ever fights now due to roiding/drugs. Rouseys done. Conor hasn't fought in almost 2 years in the UFC and is pretty much a part time fighter at this point. He's not going to be fighting 3 times a year like he did pre-Floyd.

The card in November iirc was a GREAT card, arguably the best card in UFC history when GSP came back. Sick fights. They can provide entertainment but the issue is, they have expanded so much with so many dates, they have loads of ****e cards where they have to have one or at most two good fights with a ton of nobodies...kinda like the Boxing model slowly.

I love MMA but it's having a major dilution problem...namely with the UFC. The other promotions have a handful of decent fighters but can't even touch what the UFC has to offer. Bellators 170lb division is decent that's it.

Comment

Just no stand out names at the moment. They have lost a lot of their top tier names to losses and inactivity.

Comment

its been dead for awhile.

Comment

Not much to argue about that they are in a downcycle. Definitely not dead. MMA is going no where. There are more active MMA gyms in the US now than boxing gyms & the UFC is the NFL of MMA. So nah its fine just in a downcycle.

I will say I question some of the decisions the new owners are making. They don't seem to have much long term thinking for what is surely a long term purchase as anything that costs billions should be. I also think Dana is more ham handed than usual with his strategy & decisions on what fights are or aren't being made. So And they got the Ali Act for MMA that could greatly alter the way Professional MMA works so thats something they are mindful of as well which could be the reason so many weird decisions are being made idk.

But nah the UFC is fine & I'd bet anyone the UFC is around longer then HBO boxing.

Comment

Y'all are going to start calling me Jimmy Appleseed before too long LMAO!

Comment

Too oversaturated and pleb level matchups on ppv now.

Phoney fights like Conor/Alvarez and titles being worthless also mean purists like myself aren't impressed.

Comment

Not with that new billion dollar UFC deal.

Comment

Working...
                    X