Collapse
No announcement yet.

ESPN+ is the worst deal for Boxing, it will not help Boxing or builc new stars

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So 4.99 is no good but 39.99 is? What am I missing here?

Comment

I thought the same thing. I also hate streaming sports events because the internet in my area isnt that reliable. I would rather pay the PPV or just watch the fight on damn normal ESPN.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
        This is a stupid move by Top Rank to put Pacquiao Mattysse on ESPN+ and Terence Crawford Vs Horn on there as well

Nobody is going to watch that, why would they do that it doesn't make any new fans, you have to pay for that service

the best thing was to make Crawford Horn on regular ESPN, or a low price ppv for ESPN like 39.99

Why in the hell would you put your boxing shows on a streaming service that will not attract casuals to boxing.

Boxing is not UFC, Boxing needs new fans and as much free coverage as possible bad move in my opinion to put big fights on that streaming service as opposed to regular ESPN
        Pacquiao-Matthysse is a PPV. I'm not sure you can purchase a PPV on ESPN +. I'm waiting for the Crawford fight before I download it. Get the free trial and then delete it. Not enough content on there for even $5 a month for me

It looks like it's gonna be great for UFC tho.

Comment

Fat Dan said Pacquio-Mattysse is going to be ESPN PPV
          Last edited by Holystroke3; 05-19-2018, 08:15 PM.

Comment

This is a sports app not a boxing app is the first issue. This is a ESPN move not a Top Rank move. I think that is something boxing fans need to take into account. This all is gonna have Top Rank fights, UFC fights plus a bunch of other sports. This isn't really about anyone except ESPN wanting to be paid back for unadvertised content that they'd otherwise had not bought at all or paid a lot less for and given us a lower quality then they will be.

That's what's going on here. Idk wut most of you are even f#cking talking about from that fact.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
              This is a sports app not a boxing app is the first issue. This is a ESPN move not a Top Rank move. I think that is something boxing fans need to take into account. This all is gonna have Top Rank fights, UFC fights plus a bunch of other sports. This isn't really about anyone except ESPN wanting to be paid back for unadvertised content that they'd otherwise had not bought at all or paid a lot less for and given us a lower quality then they will be.

That's what's going on here. Idk wut most of you are even f#cking talking about from that fact.
              When is that supposed to happen? When are they taking NBA and NFL and College football/basketball off the air and put it on ESPN +?

Comment

I must have missed this. So, I have to download an app "ESPN +" in order to see Horn-Crawford or just find a rogue stream? I just dumped cable completely about a month ago and went to Sling-Netflix-Amazon Prime TV with a 65" Roku smart TV. I think I can download the app to my TV if I wanted to but I don't know about paying $5 a month for it if I'm only going to use it once a quarter. Think my speed is 5G so the quality would be good but still, if a stream is an option, I might go for that.

Comment

With the risk of any buffering this is terrible.

They are banking on us die hards though. Same way I broke down and got showtime for boxing, I’ll pay the 5 dollars. Sucks but is what it is. I need boxing.

Comment

You get all of espn a month, not just boxing.

OP doesn’t understand what he is talking about, this could be huge for boxing.

Streaming is the future, Disney is going all out in streaming in the near future and espn+ is their first step.

Million and millions of nonboxing fans will be buying this platform for many many years to come.

This is just the beginning..

Content is king in the world of streaming

Comment

So many dumb mfers here

4.99 per month is a drop in the bucket

You can sign up for the 7 day trial to see the fight if you’re that cheap

You can cancel when there’s nothing good on that month and sign up again later

Comment

Working...
                      X