Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Parker didn't make 13 mil for the Joshua fight.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
    Joshua-Wilder is far closer to Joshua-Klitschko than it is to Joshua-Parker (I'd argue that Deontay Wilder being in his prime and undefeated, with the fight also being for the undisputed heavyweight championship, would make it a bigger fight than Klitschko, but that's a separate conversation) and Joshua and Wladimir split something like $50m.

I've got no idea what Joshua made on the Parker fight, but the gate likely didn't approach the gate at Wembley, and I doubt that the Sky Box Office numbers held up either.

Split the pie fair is all
    I would be surprised. You need to see what klitschcko brought to the table, he brought in numbers from several countries. Wilder brings very little in comparison.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
      You're mixing pounds and dollars: £1 is equal to $1.40. £15m is equal to just over $21,250,000, and $12.5m is equal to just under £9m.

Not all the way sure what Klitschko got, but if they did end up splitting everything 50/50, in what world does it make sense for Joshua to get £15m then, yet Wilder get £9m now?

£15m for Joshua and £15m for Klitschko gets you to £30m for that huge event; 40% to Deontay Wilder gets him £12m (converts to $17m).

The current offer is about $5m off from what'd be fair if we're gonna be honest about it.
      i am not sure if wilder was offered 12.5 million in dollars or in £'s ....buts its a negotiation and there are always back and forths between fighters in terms of splits....i am sure the purse will get sorted out very quickly....as i said i have no issue with wilder getting 40% or slightly more than parker but he hasn't shown any real earning potential as of yet and never sold a ppv so you can see why hearn and joshua are testing him to see what his limit is.
      Wilder didnt care about the money two weeks ago now an offer 6x his largest purse is not enough money...thats one lie right there fella

Comment

Originally posted by Kezzer View Post
        I would be surprised. You need to see what klitschcko brought to the table, he brought in numbers from several countries. Wilder brings very little in comparison.
        yeah m8 it was a shared purse of 30 million but klitchcko also brought german ppv to the table so its a bit different with wilder as he brings hardly anything to the table ...wilder is unproven in terms of ppv and gerneral revenue.
        https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/bo...nt-prize-money

Comment

Working...
        X