Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If the Klitschkos were two brothers from Detroit or Philadelphia...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lets have a think now....the last heavyweight champ from usa was? ...Hasim Rahman when VK had some time out then he came back & won it back,before the brothers it was LL ..so what were looking at in hard facts is the usa has had the odd "champ" for a very short time (flash champs) before this evander holyfield is the last champ who held the title for some creditable time.
    if the brothers were from usa..sliced bread comes to mind

Comment

It's the poor state of the heavy weight division that turns every body off. I wouldn't give two shts if the Klitschko brothers where American or any other nationality it still wouldn't change the fact that the heavyweight division sucks and that alone most won't give the brothers the credit that they deserve. They are great at what they do with the very little and weak competition they have

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
        Look at Golovkin, he doesn't have to be American to get much love, and I see your sportin' his avatar.

People just don't care to talk about the heavyweight division, I still watch whenever I get the chance though.
        People just don't like to be dominated. Watch how it's going to change when the ball is on the court in this side of the world.

Comment

All the Mayweather/Hopkins fans would be rocking Wladimir & Vitali Avys.

Comment

They would be considered the greatest to ever do it.

I mean look at bums like Eddie Chambers and Kevin Johnson. Americans proclaim them as world class fighters but they're str8 bums.

Imagine the Klitschkos?

Comment

Freedom Slava rides again: The Legend of Curly's Gold coming to a theater near you.

Comment

Originally posted by ElChicano View Post
                People just don't like to be dominated. Watch how it's going to change when the ball is on the court in this side of the world.
                The same goes for everything really, I actually enjoy Rigondeaux and Ward, but casuals will never tune in to watch them, what makes Wlad any different? It's almost as if your telling me he gets special treatment. It has nothing to do with him not being American, look at the love Matthysse and Golovkin are currently getting. Trust me, I've enjoyed Wlad's last few performances but if the division isn't buzzing people aren't gonna care.

Comment

I would like them more if they were from philly. Not much more but still.

Comment

The Klitschkos are as dominant on top as any other champion in history. I really hate to say this, and I don't think it's something proper to Americans or America, as we're all like that, where ever we come from, but if they were Americans, they would be humongous! As a few of you said, they would probably be considered amongst the best ever. America exercises a great cultural influence over the world, and although there's amazingly successful boxing in other countries, the big big scene is in America, of course. So you would wish for such great fighters to be recognized to their proper value.
                    Is the actual Heavyweight division historically bad or talentless? I really don't think it has been during all of the Klitschkos's reign. I think that in other eras, several of the fighters they've beaten could have become great heavyweights. But for them as for any other era of a dominant champion, the division looks poor simply because the dominance is so great you don't get to build enthousiasm for any other heavyweight. Think about Ali's first reign, especially at the end. Think of Louis' "bum of the month" club. Think of how bloodless the division seemed before Tyson was upset by Douglas.
                    As to style, maybe it has some impact, although once again, as some have said wisely, some popular American champions were not exactly exciting, the Klitschkos are incredible ko artists; that's always popular. Vitaly has one of the greatest ko record ever, 41 over 45 victories, and Wladimir has won 15 of his last 18 victories by ko over the last 9 years!
                    Were they Americans, they'd already be celebrated in books and films for the world to see...

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
                      The same goes for everything really, I actually enjoy Rigondeaux and Ward, but casuals will never tune in to watch them, what makes Wlad any different? It's almost as if your telling me he gets special treatment. It has nothing to do with him not being American, look at the love Matthysse and Golovkin are currently getting. Trust me, I've enjoyed Wlad's last few performances but if the division isn't buzzing people aren't gonna care.

Ward gets special treatment. Look at the Super Six.
                      Yes it does have to do with being American or any society with a big media.

Matthysse and Golovkin aren't getting that much love from casuals in the US. I mean blacks or/and Americans were all over Petterson's nuts to knock Matthysse out. Not just here but in the normal world, specially east coast.

And like I said people ain't caring cause it's not someone they love is dominating. Race/nationality, you name it. Look at people going buck wild with America's dominance in basketball. Oh 50+ point wins and them mofos still stuck to the tv.

Comment

Working...
                      X