No announcement yet.

Khan vs Peterson Rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Khan vs Peterson Rematch

Would like to see the rematch with Lamont Peterson for Khan’s next fight. Khan showed us that the physical attributes are still there vs Lo Greco but I would like to see if he can maintain that over a longer distance against someone as durable as Peterson. I’m sure Eddie Hearn can entice Peterson to the UK with a good offer, I think this fight would do well in the UK and sell out the MEN Arena easy.

Peterson is coming off a loss to Errol Spence Jr but there’s no shame in that. He would definitely be up for this fight given the controversy of the first fight. Peterson bullied Khan with his size and strength, but Khan also hurt Peterson early on. I personally think Khan was hard done by in the first fight with the 2 point deductions, man in the hat etc I thought he deserved a close but clear points win, forgot how I scored but I think i had it to Khan by 2 points.

My prediction would be for Khan go through a rough patch in the middle rounds but come back to stop Peterson in the 7th or 8th round after getting his second wind.

that would be a really good fight actually. i only saw the first one just once (live) but i think, for what i remember that khan should've won.

Comment

Also, Bradley Skeete seems like a nice guy but I’m not sure what Frank Warren or anyone else who thought Skeete stood a chance against Khan were thinking.

Khan may struggle with the elite of the division but there’s levels. I think the Spanish kid who he fought would be a good fight for Khan also. I think Khan stops him late or wins a comfortable UD

Comment

IMO, Khan should concentrate on making the Brook fight. It's still a big money fight and if Khan takes one more brutal KO this fight might never get made.

Comment

Originally posted by just the facts View Post
          IMO, Khan should concentrate on making the Brook fight. It's still a big money fight and if Khan takes one more brutal KO this fight might never get made.
          This is my point, I think sometimes we all (including me) underestimate Khans ability and predict a lot of fighters outside of the elite would beat him just because of his chin when Khan would probably beat most of them.

We all know the Brook fight isn’t happening next and there’s no point fighting another fighter outside of the top 10, he might as well get in there and test himself against Peterson. If he want to go out with a bang then my choice for his next 3 fights would be:

Peterson
          Kell Brook

Providing he beats those two then hopefully fight Danny Garcia for a World Title (assuming Garcia has a belt then)
          Last edited by faisal1203; 04-28-2018, 08:25 PM.

Comment

the new indestructible khan with mind bobbling power will destroy peterson

Comment

Peterson has actually become a lot more talented since the first fight, even though his career hasn't gone anywhere. Khan hasn't changed much and I don't know that he'd do any better at all.

Comment

Khan is a front runner, looks good at first but once you time him its all down hill as he has limited boxing IQ and can't handle prolonged pressure

Comment

Working...
                X