• Show
Clear All

• GGG vs Sergio Martinez who you got?

Prime vs Prime at 160.

Maravilla was too good!

Comment

GGG late stoppage

Comment

I’m torn between Martinez by decision and GGG by late stoppage.

Comment

Easy fight for GGG. You guys underrestimate him.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary View Post
            Easy fight for GGG. You guys underrestimate him.
            Prime Martinez wasn’t an easy fight for anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by mxtali View Post
              GGG late stoppage
              Yeah, strong start by Sergio offset by strong finish by GGG.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
                Prime vs Prime at 160.
                Maravilla didn't even get to 160 until he was near 35 years old and almost certainly past what most consider prime, but the Maravilla that beat the brakes off Pavlik vs a 2013/4 GGG would have been a thing to see I reckon. The Sergio that had his hands full with Matt Macklin and Barker would have got cornered and beaten down quite badly though I think.

At the end of the day by the time GGG became kinda relevent Sergio was well on his way to retirement and justifiably looking to cash out.

Comment

Originally posted by Citizen Koba View Post
                  Maravilla didn't even get to 160 until he was near 35 years old and almost certainly past what most consider prime, but the Maravilla that beat the brakes off Pavlik vs a 2013/4 GGG would have been a thing to see I reckon. The Sergio that had his hands full with Matt Macklin and Barker would have got cornered and beaten down quite badly though I think.

At the end of the day by the time GGG became kinda relevent Sergio was well on his way to retirement and justifiably looking to cash out.
                  I actually think Martinez’s prime was probably around 35-36. I think the wins over Pavlik, Williams and Dzinziruk (probably spelt that wrong) were his best performances. I was never that impressed with him at 154 tbh, I thought he beat Cintron but it wasn’t an elite performance by any stretch. It was a shame he never got the Forrest (RIP) fight, I don’t like to speak ill of the dead but I do think Forrest somewhat avoided a fight with Martinez.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
                    Prime vs Prime at 160.

Maravilla !

the PROVEN guy

Golovkin avoided world-class mover/spoilers like the plague

he could have fought FIVE mover/spoilers... all of them would be the best win on Golovkin's resume... but, he fought none

there is a damn good reason why none of those fights got made

and here is that reason...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7c3-WVFa gM

Comment

Working...
                    X