Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have a sinus problem can i become pro boxer?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only if you can't breath out of your nose at all, Sinus problems are usually seasonal due to hay fever, there are nasal sprays and meds for that. I have seasonal allergies and box, sleep with a humidifier during allergy season and you will be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
      my immediate reaction would be no. you can train, but you shouldn't try to make a pro career out of it. go pro in something else and make boxing a hobby. or try amateur boxing, where you will not be in long fights and you'll have big gloves and headgear.
      Whatever you do. Do NOT listen to this advice.

Comment

Originally posted by Lomadeaux View Post
        Whatever you do. Do NOT listen to this advice.

coming from the guy who could not properly score a boxing match in a thread on the topic. tell us all about the 10 point must system again.

do you know what chronic sinus problems are? have you ever had a sinus infection? i've had those symptoms for 3-4 years. when it gets bad i'll sneeze 50 times in a day and blow blood clots and reddened pus out of my nose for a week or two. i'll wake up in the AM and go to bed at night with a fever from the inflammatory reaction.

you would have NO F#CKING SHOT of passing a physical with a chronic sinus infection when you're showing bad symptoms. i have woken up being completely unable to breath from my nose. there's nothing worse you could do for yourself than go out and do a strenuous activity like boxing where you'll get hit in the face and aggravate your sinuses even more.

TS, for the record this guy does not know how the ten point must system works, in spite of a perfectly adequate explanation being contained within its name.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
          coming from the guy who could not properly score a boxing match in a thread on the topic. tell us all about the 10 point must system again.

do you know what chronic sinus problems are? have you ever had a sinus infection? i've had those symptoms for 3-4 years. when it gets bad i'll sneeze 50 times in a day and blow blood clots and reddened pus out of my nose for a week or two. i'll wake up in the AM and go to bed at night with a fever from the inflammatory reaction.

you would have NO F#CKING SHOT of passing a physical with a chronic sinus infection when you're showing bad symptoms. i have woken up being completely unable to breath from my nose. there's nothing worse you could do for yourself than go out and do a strenuous activity like boxing where you'll get hit in the face and aggravate your sinuses even more.

TS, for the record this guy does not know how the ten point must system works, in spite of a perfectly adequate explanation being contained within its name.
          I know what it takes to be a fighter...

You dont.

Comment

Peter, get your ass in a gym and start training. Overcome your fears.

Comment

Originally posted by BarryKi View Post
              I also have chronic sinusitis. It is so bad that I can't even touch my nose. The second I touch my nose, I start sneezing like 100 times. For years, I tried to battle with it. Took lots of medicines but now even the doctor says that only surgery is an option. But I don't want that because I am scared and also, it is not a 100% cure chance. So, I gave up my idea of doing professional boxing. Initially I was sad but now I just enjoy watching other people do boxing. I have found my happiness in that.
              I have sinus problems. I don't know what your issue is but I had a deviated septum. I had the operation. The condition never went completely away but it's a huge improvement.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
                I have sinus problems. I don't know what your issue is but I had a deviated septum. I had the operation. The condition never went completely away but it's a huge improvement.
                There you go.

Comment

I too have a sinus problem in addition to mild asthma. I feel like it has limited my cardio tremendously, but it doesn’t stop me. I recently had surgery to fix a deviated septum and was prescribed inhalers. You make your own limits bro. Keep training!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
                    Glad to know that your condition improved, in my case I just feel that if operation cannot improve my condition 100% then I will not take a chance as I do not want things to get worse.
                    May be I will change this thinking in the future but right now... no.

Comment

everything's possible, dude

Comment

Working...
                      X