Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: David Benavidez: Golovkin Not Slowing Down, A lot of Years Left

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: David Benavidez: Golovkin Not Slowing Down, A lot of Years Left

Recently crowned WBC super middleweight champion David Benavidez, like some others, felt Gennady Golovkin had done enough to beat Canelo Alvarez in the September mega-fight. The fight was very competitive and ended in a split draw that marred by the head scratching 118-110 scorecard turned in by Adelaide Byrd in favor of Canelo.
    [Click Here To Read More]

David Benavidez is just a good boy

I admire his respect for his elders. You know its funny to think that Golovkin is old enough to be this kids father, I mean Gennady is fifteen years his senior...but thats not even the real problem if they ever fight ; the real problem is that by the time David moves up to LHW Golovkin will still be at 160.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
      I admire his respect for his elders. You know its funny to think that Golovkin is old enough to be this kids father, I mean Gennady is fifteen years his senior...but thats not even the real problem if they ever fight ; the real problem is that by the time David moves up to LHW Golovkin will still be at 160.
      ... Benavidez, didn't he spar with GGG??? He must know things...

(anyway, I hope Benavidez KOs "my boy" Gavril in the rematch...)

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
        ... Benavidez, didn't he spar with GGG??? He must know things...

(anyway, I hope Benavidez KOs "my boy" Gavril in the rematch...)
        Now it all makes sense.

Comment

His last two fights say otherwise

Comment

Yeah, I think it's safe to say that GGG, at 35 yo, is not going to get any bigger.

Comment

Now it all makes sense.
              Benavidez is just a kid, ffs... he isn't even 21 yo...

(he has to move up at 175 pretty soon...)

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                Yeah, I think it's safe to say that GGG, at 35 yo, is not going to get any bigger.
                I think we can all agree GGG maxed out at 160 : we can only appreciate his campaign at jr. middleweight -- I mean welterweight, my favorite fight at that weight was with the UNDEFEATED primed Kell Brook.
                Benavidez is just a kid, ffs... he isn't even 21 yo...

(he has to move up at 175 pretty soon...)

You can tell hes been training with Golovkin because his defense is terrible.

Comment

You can tell hes been training with Golovkin because his defense is terrible.
                  ... Benavidez was just caught off balance... "My boy" Gavril didn't truly shake him... (I say "my boy", because Ronnie is my Romanian compatriot...)

Comment

... Benavidez was just caught off balance... "My boy" Gavril didn't truly shake him... (I say "my boy", because Ronnie is my Romanian compatriot...)
                    I hope to see a rematch, Ronald Gavril is much better than the bums fighting in the WBSS 168 tournament namely : Jamie Cox and Avni Yildirim, I have never seen such low level boxing! but kafkod laughs at me for pointing out the obvious -- hes in denial as he is a E.U bum jr. fan.

Comment

Working...
                    X