No announcement yet.

Who like Thai Boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparked_1985 View Post
    I just came back from Thailand where I done a lot of Thai Boxing.

I also saw a lot of events, most fights end in KO's and these guys have hundreds of fights and start really early. On the undercard of one event I saw two little kids fought on the undercard no more than 8-years-old, even one of them got knocked out. They let the little ones showcase in the first fight.

Most of the fights I saw ended by knockout, but knees are the most prized. If you get in a clinch an land 6 knees to the body say, real Thai's will damn near **** themselves in appreciation and that round will be won.

Personally, I'm not great at it. Your balance needs to great and you are always on the ball of your backfoot. I got heavily criticised for moving my head by two different trainers in pidgeon English - presumably because it makes it easier for someone to knee you in the face. I'd like a fight in the near future but I'm almost certain as soon as I start my feet will be flat - pretty sure if I tried to be Thai boxing technically proficent someone would knock me out quickly.
    Did you kick trees or anything for training ? I'd break my damn shins off lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pA0wXvyq-EM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wcTrmW9OLE

Comment

I heard its kicks as effective as they r hurt the kicker's lower back

Comment

I also take muay thai at my gym. its awesome. a lot of mma fighters train in it also. you mostly kick with your shin. my coach trains under master toddy in thailand. he has chopped down a bannana tree with kicks. (not something i would ever attempt)

Comment

I like Thai boxers (standard boxing), but not Thai boxing.

Comment

I studied it for 3 years and got a draw in my only fight

never did go back to it maybe i might one day...

Comment

I don't like the Muay Thay, but is other sport and really hard I think.
              In my city (Barcelona) so many stupid guys starts Muay Thay but only to say " I make Muay Thay" because months ago left the gym... Possible it's the cause I don't like Muay Thay.

Regards,
              Jeromo.

Comment

I love boxing. I have been to so many events in California. My gym serves Friday Night Battles every month and have some excellent, excellent cards. I've also conducted on some of the cards.
                Last edited by Roderick222; 11-10-2012, 07:16 AM.

Comment

This is not boxing dancing

Comment

I just wanna try thai boxing. It look interesting

Comment

I took it for almost a year... I sparred a lot with just my instructor, but I always got my ass kicked.

The kicks are very effective for the simple fact that in punching, if you knock someone down, or out, they really can go into a coma, or die, thus, you can be charged with murder, man slaughter, etc. a good kicker can REALLY hurt you and it can allow you to move and get away.

In general Thai is effective because of the elbows and fists at close range, knees, and shins... in Muay Boron you use the head also, I didn’t get to take that though, was too far from me.

Comment

Working...
                      X