No announcement yet.

Where would David Tua rank in Today's Heavy Weight Division

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Time View Post
    Didn't Tua knock Rahman out in their 1st fight, 2nd fight was a draw.

Fury and Tua would be a freak show. Fury 6'9" and Tua 5' 10" Lol

But hey, Tua can always pound the mid section like a heavy bag, Lol.

But seriously a prime David Tua would be among the top 3 to 5 imo.

He would have some trouble with the reach and height of some of those guys. But I think he would still hold his own. I can't remember a chin as tough as Tua's at heavyweight.

But yeah I think a prime Tua would be top 3 or 5 at Heavyweight today. And he would definitely be dangerous for anyone because of his punch resistance and punching power.
    He did but he struggled with a 6 2 Rahman in both fights. The shortest guy here is Parker, 6 4, pretty mobile though I'm not over impressed with him. Don't get me wrong, I'm a Tua fan. But he did have trouble when guys kept him outside. Lewis and Byrd for example. It's a big ask for him against Fury. But yeah, he was a great heavy when in shape. Thai fight with Ike was as good as I've ever seen . in fact, talking of Ike, I'd give him a good chance against the current crop.

Comment

The thing about this new crop of guys, Parker, Wilder and Joshua is none of them have the greatest defence, nor in the case of Joshua, Wilder or even Fury do they possess world class chins. I think in just about every fight he is in with the new guys he is probably losing but finds a way to get them all. With Tua it truly only ever took one shot.

Comment

Originally posted by bluepete View Post
        He did but he struggled with a 6 2 Rahman in both fights. The shortest guy here is Parker, 6 4, pretty mobile though I'm not over impressed with him. Don't get me wrong, I'm a Tua fan. But he did have trouble when guys kept him outside. Lewis and Byrd for example. It's a big ask for him against Fury. But yeah, he was a great heavy when in shape. Thai fight with Ike was as good as I've ever seen . in fact, talking of Ike, I'd give him a good chance against the current crop.

The thing with Rahman, even though he is 6'2", he has some long arms for someone who is 6'2", wing span of 82 inches. Lol, those are some long arms for a 6'2" frame. Klitschko at 6'6" has a span of "81, Lol, Rahman with arms as long as his legs. Lol

Chris Byrd, I know he used to get criticized a lot because he was a small heavyweight and he was a slick finesse boxer. With him people knew it was going 12 unless someone can catch him to knock him out. Looking back now, it was quite remarkable what Byrd did against a lot of the bigger dangerous heavyweights.

And I totally agree when Tua was in shape during his prime, he was a sight to behold. He was limited. I think after his loss to Lewis that's when he began to decline from his prime.

Yeah and Ike, sad story. He was a beast. I too give him a hell of a shot against any of today's crop of Heavyweights.

Good stuff man.
        Last edited by The Time; 05-14-2017, 07:19 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X