• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slimshandy69 View Post
    Moving up to 175...
    Where you got that information from?

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
      Ring magazine rankings are a bit odd. Arthur Abraham as the #1 SMW on the planet? Yikes.
      That's what I was thinking.

The hell is going on

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
        1. Ward
        2. Froch
        3. DeGale
        4. Andre Dirrell
        5. Abraham/Jack

is how most people should have it.
        Not sure Froch should still be there, but it's not like anyone has staked claim to that spot. This is how I see it, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
          That's what I was thinking.

The hell is going on
          Well DeGale beat Dirrell and won the IBF title. Abraham has the WBO title, Jack the WBC title and Ward holds the WBA title but has not defended it at the SMW limit against a live opponent since the Super Six tournament. Ring stripped Ward of the RING title for inactivity, with very valid reason. Ward is currently fighting at LHW and has not decided what he will do for his next fight so he does not figure in the SMW picture at all.

Abraham has had his title the longest, I believe, making him the choice for #1 in the division until someone comes along and defeats him.

Basically the SMW division is a trash heap.

Comment

We need george groves to beat jack, or for froch to come out of retirement as this top ten list of super middleweight is shocking. And none more so than having degale at number 1.

His claim to fame is losing to Carl froch afters, and narrowingly defeating a shot andre dirrell. The super middle weight division is having an identity crisis. With lemineux and golovkin below, and artur beterbiev and kovalev above, who will ignite excitement back into the super middle weight division?
            I Can only see george groves and callum smith. Maybe rocky fielding?
            Exactly, SMW is among the weakest divisions right now. Whereas MW and LH are looking pretty solid as of now.

Other than a couple of names at SMW, it is a very shiiit division.

Comment

We need george groves to beat jack, or for froch to come out of retirement as this top ten list of super middleweight is shocking. And none more so than having degale at number 1.

His claim to fame is losing to Carl froch afters, and narrowingly defeating a shot andre dirrell. The super middle weight division is having an identity crisis. With lemineux and golovkin below, and artur beterbiev and kovalev above, who will ignite excitement back into the super middle weight division?
              I Can only see george groves and callum smith. Maybe rocky fielding?
              What's funny Degale would skool Callum Smith........

Comment

Originally posted by TAZ-G View Post
                What's funny Degale would skool Callum Smith........

Not if he stays on the ropes again for 5 rounds taking Callums body shots.

Degale looks good for two rounds then takes 5 rounds off.

Murray could beat Degale potentially....

Comment

Ward by far -- he just destroyed Paul Smith at 176.

Comment

Not if he stays on the ropes again for 5 rounds taking Callums body shots.

Degale looks good for two rounds then takes 5 rounds off.

Murray could beat Degale potentially....
                    Callum Smith is painfully average. Rebarasse was just a tough guy walking forward. Anyone with decent footwork gives him nightmares. Degale would beat him down for a stoppage like he did vs the older one.

The only chance Smittys have against Degale is all four jumping on him in an alley in Liverpool.

Comment

Outside of Ward, Degale will handily beat any SMW.

Comment

Working...
                      X