Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official: "SOG" Ward vs "King" Kovalev II Fight Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weeks should have definitely given him a count. Like damn let that man go out on his back like the hoe that he is.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      Idk that I'd go so far as to call it a good stoppage cuz I got issues with how things went down myself, but I definitely don't love the stoppage while also understanding the ref gots a job to do & Kov wanted out like you're saying.

So what does he do exactly there? Sh^t idk. I don't love it, but I can't hate it either cuz Kov was looking defeated while not going down & giving the ref the ability to give him a count. So it was bound to be a call that would piss off some fans whatever happened.

Kov was going to lose either way. He'd mentally given up from what I saw so ultimately this L is better long term for him physically.
      They were low... But Kovalev was out already... he looked awful...

Comment

• Originally posted by Strategic1 View Post
        2 low blows are 2 too many. These pro Ward guys need to acknowledge that... terrible job by weeks
        There was another round Ward threw a really low one... Kov bent down and Ward backed off not celebrating, knowing something went wrong. Weeks then stepped in and let the whole thing continue

Comment

• Originally posted by partycrasher View Post
          Those body shots were all clean. WTF are some of you watching?
          Many of those were borderline. What were you watching lol?

Comment

• Originally posted by crazed_z06 View Post
            Bingo..

Kov looked like Ivan Drago after Rocky chopped him down to the body and head.
            Kovalev stayed his ass on the floor.

He didn't want to continue.

I'd agree if he jumped up and ran around the ring protesting like mad....but he didn't....he STAYED DOWN like the beaten fighter he was.

Andre had him in slow motion...he was 3 steps ahead of him all night.

Kovalev QUIT.

Comment

• Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
              Weeks should have definitely given him a count. Like damn let that man go out on his back like the hoe that he is.
              ... Kov looked out already...

Comment

• Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
                Many of those were borderline. What were you watching lol?
                Borderline is all good.

Kovalev's rabbit punching though.....PERFECT.

Comment

• Another HBO PPV and another two HORRIBLE **** shows. Glad I did not pay this.

I want to see anyone here power punched in the balls and see if you can shrug it off in the next 3 mins. lol.

Why do I bother with this **** show?

This fight needed to happen outside of Vegas... better yet say in England.

Comment

• I wish Rigo and Ward did not win in the fashion they did, but it is what it is. I just HATE that we've lost the fight that could've been mind-blowing (Kov/Stevenson).

Comment

• Originally posted by Superbee View Post
                      Well Stevenson will take note of the fragile liver and would go for the kill... I don't think Kovalev is gonna fight anything with a pulse for a year... At least that's what I'd do... Losing to Stevenson would hammer the last nail on the coffin ...
                      Stevenson is not nearly as good as Ward. Kovalev won't have to fight every second of every round if he's in there with Stevenson. Adonis doesn't fight at a fast pace. I think Kovalev would beat Stevenson and I think Ward would too.

Comment

Working...
                      X