Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Amir Khan: Joshua Seems Very Nervous, Hope He Doesn't Freeze

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've noticed for a long time that AJ seems like a nervous guy. If he starts landing on a guy he gets comfortable though. If I were Wlad, I'd try to make him feel some power early, to shake him up and make him doubt himself.

Comment

Khan is as always clueless......please fight or gooooo away

Comment

I can't wait for this fucking fight.

Comment

Khan just hating as hes after a monster payday and aint getting it from no one anytime soon. Anyone got any ideas as to what the split/purse is?

Comment

I dunna if it will have any impact, but Klitschko seems to be winning all the mind games running up to the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
              Because styles make fights. Joshua is a much more stationary target than Fury and will be right infront of Wlad, just how Wlad likes it.

The only reason anyone is picking AJ is because Wlad is old. If this was a few years ago, AJ's style would be considered almost tailor made for Wlad.
              I agree to a certain extent but the only thing i disagree with is tailor made for Wlad.

A lot of people dont realize how fast AJs hands are let alone the power. This may present nightmares for Wlad and potential for him to get caught if he opens up.

Wlad is quite slow but he is very crafty.

So here are the key points what i see. Will Wlad try to rough up Joshua and risk getting dropped early? which he cant afford. We all know how much Wlad crumbles when he gets dropped.

Or will he grab and hold? potentially losing eventually if he gets caught coming in?

Best chance here for Wlad is to grab and hold.

However he seems to be hyping himself up to being a different fighter and more hungrier fighter.

If its the old experienced Klitschko he may win however if its this new klitschko, he loses by getting caught by the faster/more powerfuller man.

Comment

The fight will be a snooze fest, with joshua winning it on the scorecards with a hometown decisjon

Comment

Originally posted by sterling View Post
                  I agree to a certain extent but the only thing i disagree with is tailor made for Wlad.

A lot of people dont realize how fast AJs hands are let alone the power. This may present nightmares for Wlad and potential for him to get caught if he opens up.

Wlad is quite slow but he is very crafty.

So here are the key points what i see. Will Wlad try to rough up Joshua and risk getting dropped early? which he cant afford. We all know how much Wlad crumbles when he gets dropped.

Or will he grab and hold? potentially losing eventually if he gets caught coming in?

Best chance here for Wlad is to grab and hold.

However he seems to be hyping himself up to being a different fighter and more hungrier fighter.

If its the old experienced Klitschko he may win however if its this new klitschko, he loses by getting caught by the faster/more powerfuller man.
                  Key points for me,

Joshua fights at quite a slow pace. He doesn't use the benefit of his youth to push Wlad outside his comfort zone, so Wlad will be very happy with the pace of the fight.

Joshua is technically sound but basic. He's not a slick fighter, or slippery/elusive. He moves in straight lines, throws straight, and he shouldn't show Wlad anything he's not seen before.

Joshua's chin is unproven and in 18 fights has barely been hit clean. I'd attribute this more to his level of opposition than any kind of defensive prowess (although his defence seems sound).

Wlad has trouble pulling the trigger. AJ doesn't. If Wlad is thinking of dragging this into a 12-round UD he's got other thoughts coming. AJ will land.

Wlad allowed Fury to get in his head. AJ has not made this difficult mentally for Wlad.

Experience- nuff said.

Youth- only relevant if AJ fought at a higher pace, see above. Wlad is still super-athletic and if anyone will gas its Joshua. Wlad has the 12-round experience and carries his muscular weight so much better than AJ, who looks too bulky for his frame.

Power- AJ will land. Will Wlad?

Who will win? No idea, I'm leaning toward Wlad, just because AJ still seems green and basic to me, but Wlad cannot just sit back and wait to jab and grab himself UD like normal. Won't happen. He needs a Pulev-style left hook KO. Show us what you've got left Wlad.

Comment

Khan just wants to see another Brit get kod silly so he could get some of that glass chin heat off of him for a bit.

Comment

It wouldn't feel right If Khan hadn't come out of his hole & utter a few words of nonsense. Ok, you said your piece, now back in your hole, weasel!

Comment

Working...
                      X