puerto rico considers fining parents of obese children up to 800

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -jose- View Post
    you forgot the fried chuletas
    And whole red snapper fried with limes and hot sauce, greatest thing ever.

Comment

Urbano it don't get more jibaro than that

(with all do respect to papa Beer of course)
      Lmao all good

Papa Beer

Comment

nah homie is not because they care about our people is because the Island is sinking
        pfft, le amarramos llantas.

Comment

Puerto Rico needs to ditch the u.s. currency, and american minimum wage, it kills their exports, makes labour too expensive and the island over priced in general. It could be a major tourist destination like Mexico or the Dominican, instead they charge 400$ a night for hotels, which maybe gets you a complimentary drink. Whereas you could drop 1000-1500 in other places for the room, booze, food and probably a $5 dollar *******. They have a million problems but ditching the u.s currency would certainly help it and bring in more tourists and property development/jobs.

Comment

Latest research suggests it's healthier to be obese and exercise regularly than be thin and never exercise.

Comment

if we fine obese people, arent they only going to be able to afford cheap fast food?

Comment

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
                if we fine obese people, arent they only going to be able to afford cheap fast food?
                I never really understood that argument.

Fast food, while cheap compared to other restaurants, is more expensive than preparing your own meals. It would be way more expensive to eat at BK every day rather than make a salad.

However a study finding that fat people are lazy and their lives are too easy wouldn't be very well received in academia so I guess they roll with the safe and tried "blame the rich" routine.
                Last edited by ////; 02-13-2015, 04:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 80sFighter View Post
                  I never really understood that argument.

Fast food, while cheap compared to other restaurants, is more expensive than preparing your own meals. It would be way more expensive to eat at BK every day rather than make a salad.

However a study finding that fat people are lazy and their lives are too easy wouldn't be very well received in academia so I guess they roll with the safe and tried "blame the rich" routine.
                  Exactly, fast food is not cheap. A crap meal is 5-10 bucks at a fast food joint, I can make a quarter chicken leg dinner with two sides for like 2.50.

Comment

Working...
                  X