No announcement yet.

Deontay Wilder talks to the Guardian

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
    He seems like a pretty cool guy. His style is a mess, and I'm seriously not cool with him roughing up that woman, even if she was stealing from him. But, if we're grading him on the boxing scale of degeneracy, he ain't too bad at all. I like his interviews a lot. He's actually a pretty smart, down to earth guy. I can get behind that more than some of these plastic princesses with zero personality.
    Yes, I thought he came over a lot better in this interview than he sometimes does on video, mainly because he wasn't having to continually push whatever fight he was selling. Obviously the Guardian was going to ask about race and I can see a lot of people reacting to it, but I was as interested in his own back story.

The background on his daughter and the different jobs he took on to provide for her was interesting and I'd not realised he was quite so late to the fight game. He has that in common with Joshua. This is the first I've heard of him roughing up a woman however?

Originally posted by john l View Post
    Agree Wilders people KNOW they don't get 50-50 but are trying to get closer to 40.And I think Hearn is not gonna let Wilder anywhere near Joshua till 2019.I hope I'm wrong
    Yes, I'm sure there's an element of trying to set as high a starting price as possible so that when they do come down they maximise the final amount. If they get 40 they'll have done very well, I'd be amazed if they break 35.

As for when it happens, I wonder if the WBA will have a say in this, Povetkin has just beaten Hammer to become the mandatory, so maybe a lot will depend on when they want that fight to happen. Hearn will want Joshua / Wilder to be in the summer at Wembley unless the Las Vegas / US PPV market becomes a viable option.

Comment

A well written piece which actually paints Wilder well. Better than how he speaks anyway, which is a shambles.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
        That is exactly what is going on. Finkel knows Wilder is the B-side. 60/40 in AJ's favor is something Wilder's side would accept. But there's no way they get 60/40 unless they insist on 50/50 first.
        Great point why cant more people understand that.Have they never bought a car before or any larger purchase?Your 1st offer is not want you expect to get and if you do then you fuked up.btw I knew we would find common ground at some point lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Holler View Post
          Yes, I thought he came over a lot better in this interview than he sometimes does on video, mainly because he wasn't having to continually push whatever fight he was selling. Obviously the Guardian was going to ask about race and I can see a lot of people reacting to it, but I was as interested in his own back story.

The background on his daughter and the different jobs he took on to provide for her was interesting and I'd not realised he was quite so late to the fight game. He has that in common with Joshua. This is the first I've heard of him roughing up a woman however?

Yes, I'm sure there's an element of trying to set as high a starting price as possible so that when they do come down they maximise the final amount. If they get 40 they'll have done very well, I'd be amazed if they break 35.

As for when it happens, I wonder if the WBA will have a say in this, Povetkin has just beaten Hammer to become the mandatory, so maybe a lot will depend on when they want that fight to happen. Hearn will want Joshua / Wilder to be in the summer at Wembley unless the Las Vegas / US PPV market becomes a viable option.
          If they are giving Parker close to 35 then I think 40 is close to about what they will get.And there are ways around mandatory if Hearn REALLY wants it.I just hope for boxings sake it happens before one losses.I really think this fight for undisputed heavy title between to undefeated KO artists can be huge for boxing.

Comment

he doesnt sound so mind bobblingly dumb

Comment

Working...
            X