Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Canelo sign up for 365 testing from now on?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Buckfever View Post
    I think last year it was a total of 72. I don't think it's as widespread as you think. Do you find it suspicious that Canelo dropped the WBC?
    Obviously. He had dropped VADA against Smith as well.

Comment

Is he not in the VADA CBP?

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
        Is he not in the VADA CBP?
        Nope... he signed VADA just for the fight. Same he did for the Chavez fight and the first Golovkin fight. He gets tested two months only.

Comment

My understanding, I’m sure someone will correct me if I’m wrong, is that Golovkin had asked for 10 weeks of testing this time instead of 8.

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
            Obviously. He had dropped VADA against Smith as well.
            We agree on that then.

Comment

Originally posted by 4truth View Post
              My understanding, I’m sure someone will correct me if I’m wrong, is that Golovkin had asked for 10 weeks of testing this time instead of 8.
              This will be the biggest hurdle with the rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckfever View Post
                This will be the biggest hurdle with the rematch.
                I don't see anyway that GB and Canelo could or even would argue against what ever testing that Golovkin's side would ask for.

That is if they even want the fight. I doubt they are very confident that they could win if they had to fight on a level field.

Comment

Sign up for it. Really it shouldn't be a choice. I won't be surprised if the NSAC mandates 24-7 or never fight in Nevada again.

Comment

Why is it even a choice in the first place? It should be a rule that every fighter needs to sign up.

Comment

Originally posted by VatoMulatto View Post
                      Why is it even a choice in the first place? It should be a rule that every fighter needs to sign up.
                      Because the sanctioning bodies have not come to an agreement regarding wanting the sport clean.

If you look at powerlifting for instance steroid use is widespread and there are separate sanctioning bodies for drug tested events and even some bodies that require long term testing.

There is different record keeping for these events.

Unlike others here I believe Canelo to be dirty and am glad he is being punished but at the same time I don't thing singling him out for testing solves the problem, because then he'll be clean will then be in a forced position to face someone else who is dirty.

Canelo doesn't want to be clean. If he did he would have already announced that not only would he do 365 testing but that he would also require that all he opponents henceforth do the same.

He knows that the giving up that advantage to someone who can get away with gaming the system is too risky.

Comment

Working...
                      X