Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya: Mayweather-Canelo Demand is Growing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe in Guadalajara demand for this fight is going through the roof, but here in the rest of the world I'm not sure anybody is all that bothered.

Comment

This is an example of how to make a paper champ and sell it. Canelo is white and mexican that is all, welcome WWE Canela vs Gayweather.

Comment

Green or not...i'll give Floyd mad prop if be does take on Canelo...no joke. I wouldn't be suprise if Floyd bring up Ali and his health.

Comment

Originally posted by Rk16 View Post
          He keeps refusing to fight Pacquiao by offering him career high paydays?
          Haha some people hate facts
          Arum counter-offered with a career high pay day for Floyd. Should Floyd accept that? Both offers were a joke, although Arum's was just a riff on Floyd's to make a point. I barely consider an offer where one part of one of the biggest fights in boxing history gets 0% of the PPV a legit offer.

The moment when I truly realised he doesn't want the Pacquaio fight was when he sneered that Pac was now "desperate". One fighter calling another desperate for wanting to make a fight. Just think about that for more than a second.

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
          No, he refused by asking him to take a drug test. And besides, Manny accepted. Who cares that it's three years later and the stakes have changed?? What matters is that Floyd was wrong then and he must stay wrong.

That's exactly how these pathetic little f*gs think.
          I'm a f*g? If someone analysed my posts against yours during this 3/4 year fiasco of the fight, I think it'd be fairly obviously who had the more ****sexual leanings. I mean, you don't even make a pretence to be neutral anymore. Rarely has a poster fallen off as badly as you. Anyone who knows my posts know that I have always tried to keep it real, because it's the only fooking way to be - there is nothing I find more obnoxious than picking a side and sticking to it regardless.

Also, the stakes have changed? Pac's star hasn't risen since '09? He only made it truly big in the mainstream after the DLH fight.

What's funny is that I distinctly remember a post years ago where some Pactart said Floyd would make money an issue once the drug testing was resolved, and YOU IMDAZED said that if he did that, you would blame him. I remember that post so well, cos I always knew at the back of my mind Floyd would start messing about with the money issue as well.

Do you remember making that post? I would remember making a post like that.

But hey, I guess the stakes have changed. Seeing the fight getting made doesn't actually matter, it's all about making sure Floyd gets what he deserves. 100% of the PPV and a 40m guarantee. He gets to keep all that of a non-existent fight - or he could actually take 75m or whatever 55% would be of an actual fight.

What I find funny is guys like you berate Pac for fighting JMM and want him to take on legit, difficult fights like Bradley, who's got about 10 fans. And when Pac does take the difficult fight and the numbers ain't good cos the other guy doesn't have a fanbase, you cite the sh-tty numbers as to why Floyd is right to demand 100% of the PPV.

It's an absolute joke.

Do I think Floyd deserves bigger split? Yes. Take the 55-45 offer. It's an amazing offer against a guy who most boxing heads think he will beat handily.

It will secure his legacy, it will make him more money than he's ever made, it will make him an even bigger star.

And yet, and yet....he's not jumping all over this fight.

He's sneering at the other guy for being "desperate".

You are too invested to take a step back and analyse it objectively.

But should you ever reach that stage, ask yourself this question - why is Floyd Mayweather not jumping all over a 55/45 offer in his favour, where he will make huge money/derails the Pac train once and for all/get one over Arum/cements his legacy.

Can someone explain that to a poor dumb Pac f*g like myself?

Comment

Originally posted by chubano View Post
            This is an example of how to make a paper champ and sell it. Canelo is white and mexican that is all, welcome WWE Canela vs Gayweather.
            Canelo isn't exactly 'white' he just looks white. It's a pigment-thing. Never been to Mexico but atleast in Costa Rica, Panama and Costa de Colombia you can see people white like Canelo, they are still Latinos whatever their racial-mix might be. Some of them are albinos. Canelo is a decent fighter and this would be a good fight. No WWE depending on the scorecards.

Comment

****ing hell,the fight needs to be the biggest fight in history for Floyds 40m to be a 60/40 split
              It's a great offer,imagine it sells the same as Floyd/Oscar
              40m for Pacquiao 48m for Floyd
              Stop thinking there will be 150m to split
              If the fight sells,lets say 1.8m ppv's
              Manny has his 40m and Floyd would take home roughly 35m
              Floyd stands to make more if its a massive seller but everyone is losing interest and Pacquiao's 40m is safe no matter how it sells

Comment

Goldenboy timing this well since all three, Floyd, Cotto, Martinez are in the twilight of their careers. Next year they'll age some more. Giving Canelo a much better chance of winning and becoming a bigger star.

Comment

so where is that demand coming from?

more like he's trying to bait floyd.

Comment

For those who are saying Floyd is ducking Canelo....STFU

Oscar himself felt Canelo wasn't ready for Floyd earlier this year, but all of a sudden he is ready after beating up a LWW. Honestly, I'd like to see the fight but its not a top priority. If made, I will watch for sure.

I'm actually surprised that Oscar is pushing this fight. He must feel that Floyd has lost enough for Canelo to beat him.

Comment

Lol. I think Canelo is smart to try and cash out and go for Mayweather at this time. Maybe even beat him and become a PPV superstar. No Im not impressed with the fact he dominated Lopez. But I can't blame him. He planned on fighting Kirkland and that fight didn't pan out. Then planned on fighting Ortiz who lost to Mayweather, and he got knocked out by Lopez. So I don't think Canelo should be judged with so many things going wrong for his previous fight.

The guy isn't just a paper champ. I watched him and he's pretty talented. I think he's got better with each fight. And I think him and Floyd could make a damn good fight. It's the fight everyone wants to see so I hope Mayweather makes it happen. He would definitely earn mad props for taking on Canelo. The guy is young and hits hard and hasn't lost yet. Makes LOTS of dollars and sense.

I originally wanted him to beat Cotto before he gets Mayweather. But hell even Ortiz landed Mayweather on what was obviously a fluke victory over Berto making him look a little better than what he was. I don't see why Canelo doesn't deserve a shot at Floyd. It just sucks that Mayweather is aging and may not have time to wait for Canelo to go through Cotto to get to him. And vice versa. If Canelo decides to fight Cotto and Mayweather after that, Mayweather might even retire before he gets a shot. So the time is now.

Comment

Working...
                      X