No announcement yet.

Any immigration experts here?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
    I have never heard about this sponsor stuff. I am familiar with visitor's visa or student visa.
    No regular person(MEGA's daughter) can sponsor someone to get a green card unless through marriage.
    What kinda visa did you get here on?

When I snuck my wife and daughter to the US we were both eventually interrogated by the feds. I had to get a sponsor for them her for I wasnt eligible at the time. When her family visits, we have to sign sponsorship.

Comment

Originally posted by maracho View Post
      Everybody that comes over here on a visa needs a sponsor who will be responsible for them and its been like that for a long time

Thus how were you able to visit here and not know anything about it?
      Because I never needed a sponsor. No sponsor is needed for a visitor's visa.
      Post a link that says everyone needs a sponsor to come to the US.

Comment

Originally posted by maracho View Post
        What kinda visa did you get here on?

When I snuck my wife and daughter to the US we were both eventually interrogated by the feds. I had to get a sponsor for them her for I wasnt eligible at the time. When her family visits, we have to sign sponsorship.
        I will rather not say all of them but visitor's visa and no sponsor was needed.

Comment

I know what I am saying.

Only a job or marriage can get him a green card. So ask her what she means by sponsored him.
          You obviously don’t have a clue of what you are saying. Nor do you even care to look it up. As I said, figure it out, I’m not lying. What I said is 100 percent true.

The dude is married
          He does work
          She did sponsor him
          Now he’s a citizen.

Thats that.

Comment

Originally posted by 01samuelc View Post
            Interesting. I know some dodgy guys who tried to exploit all the rules to make the move and if it was a thing they would have been on that lol
            It aint interesting. It's just ignorance and bullsh**t.

No private citizen can do that unless it is by way of marriage. These ignorant Americans are talking about something they know nothing about because they never had to do it or even consider it.

Comment

Originally posted by -MEGA- View Post
              You obviously don’t have a clue of what you are saying. Nor do you even care to look it up. As I said, figure it out, I’m not lying. What I said is 100 percent true.

The dude is married
              He does work
              She did sponsor him
              Now he’s a citizen.

Thats that.
              Nah Obesey. You are talking crap and I am not in that mood because I am not looking to diss you.
              Go and get the full details from your daughter before you post crap.

Plus all of this only took 2 years?

Comment

This guy knows what's up too.

You ever heard of a private American sponsoring an immigrant to citizenship?
                A joint sponsor is someone who is willing to accept legal responsibility for supporting your family member with you. A joint sponsor must meet all the same requirements as you, except the joint sponsor does not need to be related to the immigrant. The joint sponsor (or the joint sponsor and his or her household) must reach the 125% income requirement alone. You cannot combine your income with that of a joint sponsor to meet the income requirement.

https://www.uscis.gov/greencard/affidavit-support

Read through it and learn something, dumbass.

Comment

Nah Obesey. You are talking crap and I am not in that mood because I am not looking to diss you.
                  Go and get the full details from your daughter before you post crap.

Plus all of this only took 2 years?

From getting a green card to taking the U.S. citizenship test and interview, it can take quite a long time to become a U.S. citizen. Currently, it takes about 6 months to a year to get U.S. Citizenship from the time you apply. The citizenship process actually starts when you first get your US green card. This video and the article below outlines the requirements for U.S. citizenship and the time frames for each one.

https://www.fileright.com/blog/how-l...ss-take-video/

You ain’t dissing me. Your looking silly, that’s all. Next time do your own research

Comment

A joint sponsor is someone who is willing to accept legal responsibility for supporting your family member with you. A joint sponsor must meet all the same requirements as you, except the joint sponsor does not need to be related to the immigrant. The joint sponsor (or the joint sponsor and his or her household) must reach the 125% income requirement alone. You cannot combine your income with that of a joint sponsor to meet the income requirement.

https://www.uscis.gov/greencard/affidavit-support

Read through it and learn something, dumbass.
                    There we go. Your daughter was the joint-sponsor which means the other sponsor was related to the guy. Who was the other sponsor? The original sponsor has to be a family member. So who was it?

Comment

From getting a green card to taking the U.S. citizenship test and interview, it can take quite a long time to become a U.S. citizen. Currently, it takes about 6 months to a year to get U.S. Citizenship from the time you apply. The citizenship process actually starts when you first get your US green card. This video and the article below outlines the requirements for U.S. citizenship and the time frames for each one.

https://www.fileright.com/blog/how-l...ss-take-video/

You ain’t dissing me. Your looking silly, that’s all. Next time do your own research
                      Fixed that for ya.

Comment

Working...
                      X