No announcement yet.

Let's talk the real reasons the AJ v. Ruiz fight announcement is being delayed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
    Why wouldn't Haymon want this fight next? AJ has more to lose than Ruiz. What more lucrative fights are there for Ruiz? Don't say Wilder because he already has a fight.
    Haymon makes his money off of in house fights. Him putting Ruiz in with any of his heavyweights, especially with Ruiz having 3 belts is a bigger fight for PBC and Haymon. The risk is AJ doesn’t fold in the rematch and takes back those belts.
    Ruiz/AJ 2 isn’t ideal for Haymon because he isn’t controlling the fight.
    You can’t deny that if Haymon had his way he would give Ruiz a few fights against his heavyweights instead of jumping into a rematch. Like I said in my first post he doesn’t really have a choice here. I don’t think he really believed Ruiz would win given the circumstances. He probably thought even in a loss it would raise Ruiz’s profile and he could make money off him in the future. Haymon isn’t the type of guy to just give up leverage like that.
    No doubt if Haymon had control of this the rematch wouldn’t happen this year.

Comment

Originally posted by QballLobo View Post
      Haymon makes his money off of in house fights. Him putting Ruiz in with any of his heavyweights, especially with Ruiz having 3 belts is a bigger fight for PBC and Haymon. The risk is AJ doesn’t fold in the rematch and takes back those belts.
      Ruiz/AJ 2 isn’t ideal for Haymon because he isn’t controlling the fight.
      You can’t deny that if Haymon had his way he would give Ruiz a few fights against his heavyweights instead of jumping into a rematch. Like I said in my first post he doesn’t really have a choice here. I don’t think he really believed Ruiz would win given the circumstances. He probably thought even in a loss it would raise Ruiz’s profile and he could make money off him in the future. Haymon isn’t the type of guy to just give up leverage like that.
      No doubt if Haymon had control of this the rematch wouldn’t happen this year.
      No it's not. Ruiz v. Kownacki is not even a PPV fight while Ruiz v. AJ is. The only fight more profitable for Ruiz is Wilder & he's tied up.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
        No it's not. Ruiz v. Kownacki is not even a PPV fight while Ruiz v. AJ is. The only fight more profitable for Ruiz is Wilder & he's tied up.
        I’m talking about Haymon, not Ruiz. Look up how Haymon makes his money. He controls the whole event. Makes money off the gate, concessions, everything. The fighters involved are not as important as him controlling and making money off of every aspect. He took what he learned producing concerts and applied it to boxing. Ruiz would benefit as well as Hearn isn’t paying him top money for a guy he doesn’t promote.
        As big as Ruiz/AJ 2 is its not as big for Haymon. His in house fights are where his money is.

Comment

Working...
        X