Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kovalev was lowballed. Jacobs got $10 mil to fight Canelo.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
    So y'all want me to believe Kovalev is a nobody. There's a reason Canelo is choosing him, 2 weight classes up, over Andrade & Charlo. Kovalev still has name value. Why not call out Bivol? Not only does he have a belt, he could also make 168 if Canelo wanted to meet him in the middle. He's calling out Kovalev because he's still the top name in that division. And about as well known as Jacobs if not more.
    He's choosing Kov cuz he's the most beatable guy for a 4th title belt out there. He ain't calling out Beterbiev.

And GGG & Mall aren't walkover wins. Andrade is imo, but Andrade vs Canelo is going to be boring & without much excitement/fun so can't see Canelo wanting to rush into that fight & thats why he was probably trying to push him on GGG. It also has the ability to legitimize Andrade if GGG were to get old & lose to him.

Comment

Thru his deal with DAZN Jacobs earned $10 mil to fight Canelo. Y'all don't think Kovalev is on par with Jacobs as far as popularity? Yes I know the offer is probably more than Kovalev has ever earned but the fight is worth more than what he was offered.

https://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-41063550-4

DAZN is going to have to put up higher guarantees for non-DAZN fighters. Kovalev would earn closer to $10 mil against Canelo on PPV. DAZN taking away the PPV upside which means they have to up the guarantee. Of course you can get fighters like Fielding to take the low guarantee because that figure would've never been PPV. But for these more known fighters they're going to have to break the bank.

Kovalev should be making at least 5x's against Canelo than what he made against Ward. This fight is way more valuable

Are playing the anti race card,,homie what,,?.

Comment

au

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
        He's choosing Kov cuz he's the most beatable guy for a 4th title belt out there. He ain't calling out Beterbiev.

And GGG & Mall aren't walkover wins. Andrade is imo, but Andrade vs Canelo is going to be boring & without much excitement/fun so can't see Canelo wanting to rush into that fight & thats why he was probably trying to push him on GGG. It also has the ability to legitimize Andrade if GGG were to get old & lose to him.
        I got the leprechaun mex destroying Andrea with a single punch.. I can’t stand Canelo but that dude seems to deliver

Comment

Originally posted by JohnCastellanos View Post
          Yeah but 1 lbs don’t matter since it wasn’t for a title and that’s why I didn’t mention it! Canelo had zero size advantage over Lara, Kirkland or Angulo and he was gracious enough to not have his first fight at 160 vs Khan which that KO coulda killed Khan. I realize they sound like excuses but keep in mind ggg flip flopped even harder by criticizing then fighting Kel brook at the full 160! No 2 ****s given then?
          Sounds like you are trying to make all sorts of excuses on why Canelo played the catchweight game. "1lb don't matter" "Julio Jr needed to be humbled & Canelo was the man to do it".

Whatever doe. The fact remains that Canelo is the catchweight king. He's had more catchweight fights than Floyd & Manny combined already in his career & he might not even be in his prime yet.

But to the point I think based on past evidence of all the catchweight Canelo fights it wouldn't be in the least bit off for Canelo to command a catchweight. And fair play to him in doing that. He's the A side by a mile vs a guy like Kov. Of course he can call his shot & will likely have a hydration clause or penalty like he did vs Jacobs. And fair play to him with that to. Its not sleazy or bad. Its something any A side can do & they often do. Plenty of guys before these guys of our current era were doing this.

Comment

Thru his deal with DAZN Jacobs earned $10 mil to fight Canelo. Y'all don't think Kovalev is on par with Jacobs as far as popularity? Yes I know the offer is probably more than Kovalev has ever earned but the fight is worth more than what he was offered.

https://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-41063550-4

DAZN is going to have to put up higher guarantees for non-DAZN fighters. Kovalev would earn closer to $10 mil against Canelo on PPV. DAZN taking away the PPV upside which means they have to up the guarantee. Of course you can get fighters like Fielding to take the low guarantee because that figure would've never been PPV. But for these more known fighters they're going to have to break the bank.

Kovalev should be making at least 5x's against Canelo than what he made against Ward. This fight is way more valuable

Its a different situation, because Jacobs had all the leverage while Kovalev has none.

American middleweight champion, who Hearn had already put some money behind developing further, becomes a free agent world champion, just as HBO Boxing dies, Hearn has failed to bring in any name talent, while just winning a 160lb world title.

DAZN guarantees Canelo $365m over 11 fights, and now their stuck looking for opponents for.

Kovalev just got flattened by Alvarez, still doesn't sell tickets, and isn't personable enough to carry the bulk of the US press.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
              At this stage of his career shouldn't he want to make the most money he can before he gets out of the sport?

Turning down Canelo money is foolish with retirement looming.
              Then if he accepts the Canelo fight hes cashing out and is gonna kill himself to make the rumored 170 and be a shell of himself in the ring.

You're telling me you wanna see that? Tough for me to give any kind of credit to Canelo when hes gonna be fighting a dead man in the ring.

Canelo fans complaining that GGG didnt want Ward at 168 when Ward didnt even want it. Then complain that when Ward wanted it GGG wanted it at 164.

Then Canelo goes and gets a guy the same size and wants him to go 175 to 170 and have a rehydration clause?

Doesnt make sense to me. Doesnt make sense for Kovalev. Doesnt make sense at all.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnCastellanos View Post
                Yeah I see your point but Canelo has stated that due to the resentment that he feels for how undeserving he views Golovkin of being he wants to keep him from another big payday vs him. So Canelo just wants ggg to earn his shot not vs an easy ko oponent but someone worthy. So until then ggg has to make a choice
                Canelos resentment stems only from his own actions. GGG wasnt the one busted for PEDs, he was. If anyone gets busted with PEDs that is your own damn fault and you cant be mad at anyone else other than yourself. How is this not true?

Canelo cant even be mad because he got a gift in the first fight which he clearly loss and the 2nd where it was even.

You also cant even say Canelo wants GGG to earn his shot when the majority of the boxing community doesnt even think Canelo won and most people want a third fight. Canelo also isnt even fighting the other 160 champs despite the fact "they have earned their shot".

The real question is why is Canelo f ucking around? I thought his goal was to unify the division? Isnt that why GGG needed a belt?

You see? It doesnt even make sense. Kovalev isnt a cherry pick, but Canelo is picking and choosing rather than fighting the best available. I mean, idk if andrade can win against Canelo, but signed to the same company and Canelo hadn't even looked in his direction.

Andrade been calling Canelo out and hes got a belt too. Why havent we heard anything from team Canelo? Good question with no answer

Comment

Originally posted by Socialtwinkie View Post
                  Then if he accepts the Canelo fight hes cashing out and is gonna kill himself to make the rumored 170 and be a shell of himself in the ring.

You're telling me you wanna see that? Tough for me to give any kind of credit to Canelo when hes gonna be fighting a dead man in the ring.

Canelo fans complaining that GGG didnt want Ward at 168 when Ward didnt even want it. Then complain that when Ward wanted it GGG wanted it at 164.

Then Canelo goes and gets a guy the same size and wants him to go 175 to 170 and have a rehydration clause?

Doesnt make sense to me. Doesnt make sense for Kovalev. Doesnt make sense at all.
                  Where have you seen that Canelo asked for a catchweight?

The fight isn't happening at the moment because Kovalev is pricing himself out not because of weight.

Comment

The fight isn't happening at the moment because Kovalev is pricing himself out not because of weight.
                    I'm just going off of what people are saying. No one knows exactly what's going on.

I'm just saying IF its true.

And no. This fight isnt happening because Kovalev is pricing himself out. It's because Kovalev is two full divisions higher than Canelo and does not need Canelo. He also has a mandatory that he is fighting close to the date Canelo wants and there will need to me more money thrown around.

Jesus. You saying Kovalev pricing himself is like saying Kovalev is ducking Canelo. Hes not? He doesnt need to fight Canelo to prove anything?

What did spence prove by fighting Mikey?

You got to quit acting like Canelo calls the shots. No one needs to say yes to Canelo. Canelo best pray though. If Kovalev doesnt sign then DAZN probably pushes for GGG and Canelo is doing his best to avoid that now isnt he?

Comment

Go read Kovalev on Instagram (and figure it out):

https://www.instagram.com/p/BzPJfZig9dt/

"If “Redhead” is really serious, he intends to rise in my weight and fight with me, which will definitely go down in the history of world boxing, but I don’t intend to rival him, so as not to look like a prostitute to earn more what can I do without him!"

Comment

Working...
                      X