Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo is 'Temporarily Suspended' By NSAC Due To Failed Tests

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Canelo is 'Temporarily Suspended' By NSAC Due To Failed Tests

Mexican superstar Saul "Canelo" Alvarez (49-1-2, 34 KOs) has been temporarily suspended by the Nevada State Athletic Commission, in connection to his failed drug tests from February, where the boxer came up positive for traces of clenbuterol in samples taken on February 17 and February 20.

[Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 03-23-2018, 07:18 PM.

WOW! Didn't think they'd do it myself.

Comment

A hearing scheduled on April 10th with less than a month to go before the fight? This fight might have to be rescheduled.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post

Haaa haa haa...

I hope they dont unban him the next week...

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
          Haaa haa haa...

I hope they dont unban him the next week...
          I don't think Golden Boy will keep that date with so much uncertainty. They're spending a lot of money on promotions. If the fight is canceled they've wasted a lot of time and money.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
            I don't think Golden Boy will keep that date with so much uncertainty. They're spending a lot of money on promotions. If the fight is canceled they've wasted a lot of time and money.
            If the fight is cancelled and Golovkin goes on to fight Saunders then it's Karma.

Four years doing whatever they wanted abusing the position they had due to Canelo being mexican basically. And now things turning back to them. First the lawsuit then the gift draw then this.

Comment

Comment

I'm not sure Canelo wants to keep training or GGG wants to keep training for naught. For the NSAC to suspend him and set a hearing that close to the fight makes me think there won't be a fight. I mean it's obvious something in Canelo's story aint adding up if they found cause to suspend him. I think this fight is going to be canceled.

Comment

Sounds like posturing, so they can sound like they're taking it seriously, and I expect they'll probably clear him next week. But, we'll see....

Comment

I mean think about it. The NSAC saw the evidence and said something isn't adding up and needs further investigation. But in the meantime Canelo is suspended. What evidence can Canelo possibly show on April 10th to change their minds?

Comment

Working...
                    X