Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lomachenko vs Rigondeaux poll

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I or you have any say in the bout happening or not?

Tell me what experience you have with flyweights to bantams in the sport?
    Have you a history of training any?
    Are you really Jimmy Montoya trolling as mirkotrolcop?

Generally speaking what I stated is a fact in boxing. You can always find exceptions. Dempsey, Marciano, Frazier & Tyson all gave away weight................if you read my post carefully you would have understood that the bigger men can give away a percentage of gain that the smaller men can not!

Chocolatito is a strong puncher but moving from 112lb to 122 is a huge difference! (just ten pounds)

Ray

Comment

Loma can get caught dropped or stopped at any point in that fight

Comment

Originally posted by Mirko Troll Cop View Post
        What's the difference in weight from 160-168? You know Gennady has fans that say he "shouldn't" fight there or that he's a "small MW.""

These excuses are getting old.

Gennady "hits" like a HW so they say...

All this but Rigo can't fight Loma from 122-130 when Amagasa rehydrated more than 140+?
        Rigo could fight Loma at 130 pounds if he wanted to but he would probably get KOed because of the size and age advantages Loma would have over him. The best smaller men are all very fast and very good and 8 pounds does make a big difference at those weights. I think Rigo is just talking and has no intention of actually fighting Loma at 130 pounds. I say this as a big fan of both Rigo and Loma. I think even at 36 or maybe older Rigo is the best 122 pound boxer in the world. I doubt he can beat the much bigger, much younger and equally good Loma at 130 pounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Mirko Troll Cop View Post
          What's the difference in weight from 160-168? You know Gennady has fans that say he "shouldn't" fight there or that he's a "small MW.""

These excuses are getting old.

Gennady "hits" like a HW so they say...

All this but Rigo can't fight Loma from 122-130 when Amagasa rehydrated more than 140+?
          An eight pound difference in weight-class can be enormous, especially if one of the fighters re-hydrates more than the other. The difference of even one pound of bodyweight can mean a big difference in athletic performance. I've experienced this myself. You can only get so lean before you start to lose strength and stamina, what is commonly referred to in boxing circles as "drained." Then there's the flip-side. There are fighters whose natural build allow them to better handle a higher weight.

Nonetheless, I agree, if Rigo wants to make some money before he retires, he'll have to put himself at a disadvantage. From what I understand, he walks around at about 124. He'll be giving up a lot of weight to Lomo if he fights at the 130 limit. And let's not forget, Vasyl ain't Amagasa.

Comment

Have to favour Lomachenko he is too big.

I think Rigo starts brightly with his superior speed, ring I.Q and crisper straighter shots maybe frustrates the hell out of him but eventually gets worn down with Loma's size and volume.

He's too big. I don't think Loma would look out of place at lightweight, Rigo could make Bantamweight I feel.
            Late stoppage or close decision.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
              An eight pound difference in weight-class can be enormous, especially if one of the fighters re-hydrates more than the other. The difference of even one pound of bodyweight can mean a big difference in athletic performance. I've experienced this myself. You can only get so lean before you start to lose strength and stamina, what is commonly referred to in boxing circles as "drained." Then there's the flip-side. There are fighters whose natural build allow them to better handle a higher weight.

Nonetheless, I agree, if Rigo wants to make some money before he retires, he'll have to put himself at a disadvantage. From what I understand, he walks around at about 124. He'll be giving up a lot of weight to Lomo if he fights at the 130 limit. And let's not forget, Vasyl ain't Amagasa.
              Rigo was doing cartwheels around Amagasa for fun and suffered because of it. Do you think Rigo would be more cautious with Loma?

Nonitos face, Amagasa, Dickens... has Loma himself been caught with punches to the face? How good is Loma against Cuban Southpaws? Olympic pedigrees make a difference. Weight disparities when talking about Rigo or Loma are irrelevant

Comment

Rigo has the skill level 2 negate the disadvantage in weight. I've seen TBE be just as effective moving up because of boxing ability.
                Loma is skilled highly skilled but he takes a lot shots and doesn't always sit down on his punches.

Great fight IMO though

Comment

Rigo UD. ...........

Comment

I think when they first talked about this fight i would have bet the house on Rigondeaux. Maybe not now.

Comment

Can't take you seriously with that Broner sig. I voted Loma KO/TKO. Rigo just looking to cash out.

Comment

Working...
                      X