Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jermall Charlo Expects to Return for August Fight in Houston

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DJrabit View Post
    His going to fight another bum. Most likely someone that has been inactive.

Isn't that what GGG is doing?

Comment

Originally posted by filup79 View Post
      He became the boogie man when he signed to HBO. When he was with Showtime everyone was calling him a glass chin bum who hadn't beat anyone. Now that he's with HBO, he's some monster who still hasn't beaten any top fighter.
      Dàmn ETHER. Green K

Comment

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
        I think this is the likeky scenario as well. Andrade could play a role here too.

It all depends on what the IBF decides to do. Dibella will likely be pushing for this.
        Andrade isn’t fighting anyone with a pulse he’s been ducking Charlo for years.

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
          first off Arias gas always been middleweight. Sulecki is the 153 lber and Jacobs made the right move.

Why do you think Jermall keeps fighting bum after bum? Why? Because PBC has nobody at 160. If Mall is smart he will go to HBO too. Jacobs only fight on showtime would h e been Charlo.

You need to be on HBO to get a shot at ggg, Canelo, Jacobs, Andrade, Lemieux, Sanders, O’Sullivan, etc. HBO is where it’s at for middleweights.

Besides the low weight classes that’s about the only division we can say HBO has on lock.
          What you just wrote about HBO is nonsense. He went over there to sit in purgatory. Anybody with half a brain can see that. He's not getting any "money" fights anytime soon. Those other guys can take fights across the landscape. (There's talk of Andrade v. SD being on ESPN).

The only two that are locked up at HBO are Canelo and GGG and he's not getting a fight with either. Cut the b.s.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
            Charlo should fight Dervy for the IBF title! Dervy would come to Houston! He's built like that! No TV contract problems, no promoter problems, shouldn't be a problem at all! I think Charlo is a lot better than Taureano Johnson, so Dervy shouldn't be a major threat! Charlo vs. Derevyanchenko for the IBF (DO YOUR JOB) Middlweight Championship of the World!!! Make it Happen!
            Why would he fight a no name fighter for a lesser title? When he is the mandatory to boxing star ggg? That would be ******ed.

Comment

Originally posted by THEFRESHBRAWLER View Post
              Andrade isn’t fighting anyone with a pulse he’s been ducking Charlo for years.
              Trust me, I know lol but eventually somebody will catch that body.

Comment

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
                What you just wrote about HBO is nonsense. He went over there to sit in purgatory. Anybody with half a brain can see that. He's not getting any "money" fights anytime soon. Those other guys can take fights across the landscape. (There's talk of Andrade v. SD being on ESPN).

The only two that are locked up at HBO are Canelo and GGG and he's not getting a fight with either. Cut the b.s.
                I love how killakali presumes moving to HBO somehow equates to no longer working with Haymon.

Truthfully, I understand why Jacobs did what he did. The big 160 fights are all tied to HBO. HBO only deals with promoters so he had to sign with one and Hearn made the most sense.

Sadly, I don’t know if it translates to a GGG or Canelo fight for him. Sure doesn’t look that way right now. Wouldn’t surprise me if he has to bite the bullet and take on Charlo anyway by next year.

Comment

The newly crowned WBC interim middleweight champion probably will take on a less imposing opponent when he returns to the ring late in the summer.
                  REALLY???!!!???!!!??? Like Centino wasnt a lesser opponent. BS like this is why Charlo wont get fights with the big boys, and he will forever remain and under card fighter to the likes of Tank and Broner. “Im notta matchmaker” then turns around and called out GGG after hid last glorious KO of another bum. Thats what an eliminator fight looks like. Good. No more excuses for not putting in the work with Andrade, Dev, etc and so on. Lets here then lions roar!! All we hearing now is meows from ***** cats.

Comment

Get ready for another cherry-picked no-hoper. If it's not Jacobs, Saunders or Andrade, then I'll pass on this one.

Comment

Less imposing than his last couple opponents? Ouch

Comment

Working...
                      X