Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hearn: More Money in Joshua vs Wilder than Joshua vs Fury

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eddie Hearn has it within his power to put any matchup he wants to the test.

All he has to do is stop trying to nickel and dime Wilder and Fury.

It's moot now tho.

Wilder vs Fury II will be in Vegas and outgross anything AJ has ever done...

Comment

Originally posted by boxinggod101 View Post
      He knows who's easier to beat... that's it
      Same thing I was thinking

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
        Same thing I was thinking
        I mean he actually says Fury is the more difficult fight. Not like he is hiding from that fact. Said though Fury is the harder fight, he can't KO Joshua unlike Wilder. So the Wilder fight to him is more dangerous. No lies spoken there.

And he also said Fury sells more PPV buys in the UK than the Wilder fight but the US money makes the Wilder fight more lucrative. I really think you can put that fight on PPV in the afternoon and get to 300-400k buys.

Comment

I don't think anyone who follows the sport close enough would deny that style-wise Fury is the more DIFFICULT fight for AJ.

That's a completely different thing from saying which is the more DANGEROUS fight for AJ.

That's Wilder.

And it aint even close...

Comment

I don't believe that at all.

Comment

Originally posted by EasternEuroFan View Post
              Definitely not sleeping on him, i think he's a very, very good fighter.

My point was that outside of Liverpool, i can't see him being a star as such in terms of being a big draw or PPV fighter.

I think he's very good though
              An 11,000-seat venue in your home city isn't a bad place to start/build from, tbh.

And Anfield is pretty special 50k+ seat venue to work with too.

Plenty of tinder available to be a star in Liverpool, in a similar way to Brook in Sheffield.

Comment

--- Eddie and Josh still in the drivers seat of the biggest fights, not a pack of untutored ninnies.

35/65 would give Fury thrice what he made against Carrion scavenger Deyonce.

Usyk could go straight in against Josh and be even bigger. Regardless, Josh and Eddie will be making HUGE $$$$$$$$ for at least a couple more years.

Comment

Originally posted by EasternEuroFan View Post
                  Yep

I noticed in an interview the other day that he said something like "I believe AJ beats Wilder and Fury any day of the week, especially Wilder"..

To me that leaves an element of doubt about beating Fury. He Hearn knows how tough that fight is for AJ's style, he isn't stupid, he's been around boxing all his life.

He obviously has to say he thinks his man wins, but i believe he knows the Fury fight is awful for AJ, which is why he said "especially Wilder".

Hearn won't put his cash cow in that fight any time soon. He hasn't got many big money fighters now. Bellew has retired, Khan has 1 fight left on the contract, Brook is on his way out. The rest of his prospects are years away. Obviously he works with Usyk but only a co-promotion. Callum Smith could have some big fights but can't see him being a star.

Hearns stable isn't as deep as it seems. He won't risk his one big asset against someone as awkward and good as Fury.
                  He also keeps saying Wilder is a dangerous fight and you can get hurt fighting Wilder

Eddie stuck between a rock and hard place good luck selling Whyte rematch to boxing fans

Comment

If Fury beats Wilder that makes him and Joshua the only titlists, duh, but also the only time in Queensberry history where both claimants were from the UK. The UK has never had an all UK HW showdown for all the marbles. Seems like there should be a market for that.

Comment

I think Wilder is the easier opponent for him than Fury, although there's obviously a risk because of the power, but Joshua has better technique, accuracy and gets hit less than Wilder so I have to favour him to stop Wilder

Wilders power is 10/10 but Joshuas is like 9.5/10 So i don't think Wilder has a "power advantage" because if either hits the other one clean it's over

Comment

Working...
                      X