Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Press conference for Canelo's next fight on Wed. Who do you think is showing it?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Press conference for Canelo's next fight on Wed. Who do you think is showing it?

HBO? Dazn? Showtime? Who's picking up the fight and potentially Canelo and Golden Boy's stable? Thoughts?

I think Golden Boy are going DAZN

Comment

HBO for this fight. Not sure what Canelo/Golden boy do next.

Comment

Wasn't it kind of confirmed it's HBO?

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfie* View Post
          HBO? Dazn? Showtime? Who's picking up the fight and potentially Canelo and Golden Boy's stable? Thoughts?
          If it's PPV I don't see why HBO would turn it down considering it's money in their pocket. If it's not PPV I'm not sure who's showing it

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
            Where was this?

Comment

I suspect the most likely options are a last fight on HBO or a one off fight on DAZN.

I'll be surprised if they worked out a deal already. I think just due to the options out there (HBO PPV only + GBP roster elsewhere, DAZN, Showtime, ESPN, some new or current streaming platform, some bigger FB deal or some network thats not currently showing boxing). I think you need to work through some offers a lil bit before you make a big move with the current landscape so this fight as a one off with DAZN or a last HBO card gives them a few more weeks to figure sh^t out.

Kevin Iole who was on Chris Mannix's podcast the other day seems to believe the fight will be a one off with DAZN that turns into a long term deal afterwards. So I tend to lean towards a one off deal with DAZN being the most likely play for this specific fight, but I think there long term move is still up in the air. GBP doing a one off deal would suggest that DAZN might be the long term favorite currently doe.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                Confirmed by who?

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                  I suspect the most likely options are a last fight on HBO or a one off fight on DAZN.

I'll be surprised if they worked out a deal already. I think just due to the options out there (HBO PPV only + GBP roster elsewhere, DAZN, Showtime, ESPN, some new or current streaming platform, some bigger FB deal or some network thats not currently showing boxing). I think you need to work through some offers a lil bit before you make a big move with the current landscape so this fight as a one off with DAZN or a last HBO card gives them a few more weeks to figure sh^t out.

Kevin Iole who was on Chris Mannix's podcast the other day seems to believe the fight will be a one off with DAZN that turns into a long term deal afterwards. So I tend to lean towards a one off deal with DAZN being the most likely play for this specific fight, but I think there long term move is still up in the air. GBP doing a one off deal would suggest that DAZN might be the long term favorite currently doe.
                  I just dont see Showtime or ESPN giving them the dates they want. Whats Oscar gunna want 15-20 dates, more? How are they gunna fit that in with what they already have. DAZN, he can have as many dates as he wants.

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
                    I just dont see Showtime or ESPN giving them the dates they want. Whats Oscar gunna want 15-20 dates, more? How are they gunna fit that in with what they already have. DAZN, he can have as many dates as he wants.
                    Dates I think are just part of the equation. And the lesser part of it. Plus I doubt that FB situation is ending soon & I think GBP could parlay that into something later even if its just guys having bigger names & a more casual following.

I think money is more important. And idk that DAZN can pay Canelo PPV money or wants to pay him PPV money. It could be a lighting money on fire move by DAZN & its basically Canelo saying his appeal has maxed out cuz PPV = unlimited money in theory.

That said I've mentioned before I don't think a multi-platform deal is THAT crazy. I could see DAZN getting his "Rocky Fielding" type fights & Canelo making a deal with ESPN or Showtime for his GGG III PPV type fights. And then its a much more reasonable move to agree on a budget for the rest of the GBP roster.

Comment

Working...
                    X