UFC 229 Press Conference: Khabib vs McGregor

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UFC 229 Press Conference: Khabib vs McGregor

Alright, it's on.

Khabib and Conor with Dana in front of the media.

Here are some funny pardody recaps of the conference:

Here's the actual thing.

Video starts at the beginning of the conference, skipping the repetitive previews...

Last edited by Vlad_; 09-24-2018, 08:29 AM.

Connor on some good form there.

Comment

LOL hilarious & not close to being done watching this. Thanks for posting.

"He beat a real estate agent for the belt"

Comment

Khabib wins via 1st round rear naked choke.

Comment

"idk what he's gonna do on 6th Oct....is whiskey gonna help him"

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
            LOL hilarious & not close to being done watching this. Thanks for posting.

"He beat a real estate agent for the belt"
            Haha, you're welcome. Yeah, Conor always manages to make conferences entertaining.

Comment

Actually really good - Conor went from some witty comebacks and jibes in the beginning to crappy, clearly rehearsed lines after Aldo. Now he has just gone full apeshyt crazy and embraced it - really doing anything to get under Khabib's skin.

The funniest part was where he was promoting his whiskey over the top of Khabib and Khabib was getting flustered - he is a true Irish merchant just setting up his store in the middle of a UFC press conference.

Khabib had some good one-liners too, really funny stuff in there.

My favourite part was when Conor put that terrorist scumbag Ali on blast at the end. That guy should shut his fuccing rat mouth around fighters. He talks shyt about fighters and to fighters as if he has any intention of acking his words up. Little bytch.

Anyway, may the best man win on Oct 6th. I have different reasons to respect both of the guys fighting. Khabib is a man of god - fucc what new age degenerates say about him.
              Conor is a great fighter and businessman with a very good fight resume.
              Both are entertaining fighters.

Peace!

Comment

Originally posted by jaded View Post
                Khabib wins via 1st round rear naked choke.
                I could see that happening.

And Conor gets an immediate rematch, cuz money and A side bidness yo.

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
                  I could see that happening.

And Conor gets an immediate rematch, cuz money and A side bidness yo.
                  If this fight ends how I expect it to end (with Conor KO1 or Khabib Sub in 1 or 2 or W5 with 3x 5-0 scorecards) neither guy is gonna get a rematch cuz it'll have been too one sided.

Khabib winning gets him Ferguson or whoever has beaten him, Conor losing gets him Nate III or out of the game for 9mos to indefinitely

Conor winning gets him out of the game for 9mos to indefinitely & fighting Ferguson or whoever has beaten him or maybe boxing again...maybe Paulie lol, Khabib losing puts him back on the grind & pulling out of fights cuz he's too big for this weight or hopefully finally moving up to 170.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                    If this fight ends how I expect it to end (with Conor KO1 or Khabib Sub in 1 or 2 or W5 with 3x 5-0 scorecards) neither guy is gonna get a rematch cuz it'll have been too one sided.

Khabib winning gets him Ferguson or whoever has beaten him, Conor losing gets him Nate III or out of the game for 9mos to indefinitely

Conor winning gets him out of the game for 9mos to indefinitely & fighting Ferguson or whoever has beaten him or maybe boxing again...maybe Paulie lol, Khabib losing puts him back on the grind & pulling out of fights cuz he's too big for this weight or hopefully finally moving up to 170.

Assuming Khabib wins, if Conor lands any significant punches and has Khabib hurt at any point, there will more than likely be a rematch, even if Khabib wins in the 1st.

I'm being a little cynical, but UFC's new business model isn't too far off. And Conor having any bit of success in the fight will warrant a rematch, at least in their eyes.

The UFC has been waiting for two years for Conor to comeback, they'll do what they can to make him happy. Unless he's thoroughly dominated, which would hurt his marketability.

If Conor wins, Khabib won't get a rematch unless he loses by a controversial decision. But yeah, Khabib probably won't stick around 155 for long, he's too big.

Comment

Working...
                    X