Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best MC. Eminem, Scarface, KRS-One, Nas, or Rakim?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MARKBNLV View Post
    Kool g rap murks your list

Kool g rap is a fukn legend. I guarantee Face was more influenced by kool g than rakim.

Kool g lasted longer than rakim without almost any commercial airplay. You couldnt go anywhere without hearing an eric b and rakim track. Tye only reason i rank krs so high is cuz i saw him live and he blows any emcee i ever saw live waaaaay out the water.

Comment

• Originally posted by MARKBNLV View Post
      How about krs every bit as influential created the diss track
      Kool Moe Dee created the diss track when he utterly destroyed Busy B's life. But the bridge is over is one of my favourite all time tracks.

Then I remember Yvette ran rough shod over LL's corpse back in the 80's.

Comment

• Originally posted by dj Pepe View Post
        It's a toss up imo, between Lil Wayne and Fabolous.

I'm sick of Scarface, KRS, and Rakim getting glorifed all the time. They were good, yes, but get to much praise for something they really aren't.

Mad respect to Jay and Nas, two legends who've done it all.

Sorry, but in todays world, the likes of Scarface, KRS, and Rakim would just be a poor mans version of Cassidy.

Lil Wayne is the greatest thing to happen in hip hop since Vanilla Ice, someone who actually revolutionized the game. Say what you want Vanilla Ice, he paved the road for whites in the rap game. Without Vanilla, we wouldn't know who Eminem is today.

There is absolutely no MC like Lil Wayne, he would shred any of those bum ass old rappers you can name, and that's a fact.

I put Fabolous due to personal bias. He's a great rapper, love him.

Some days I wonder if Lil Wayne is even human.
        HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Comment

• See. I need to be here when a thread like this 1st starts. It's gonna take forever to back read all this. Face gets my vote. But I grew up listening to all of them(stopped listening to Em after his 1st album back in 99, He is a lyrical acrobat, but thats about all to me). Rakim(if I aint mistakin microphone fiend came out in 88, I learned the entire tape by listening on my duel cassette boombox, then writting down all the lyrics on a note pad, I think I was 12 or 13)is the greatest lyricist out of all of them followed by Kris and then Nas has never been the same Nasty Nas from Illmatic).

But lyricist that has maintained longevity, relevance, and has not changed who he is to fit in with the times. The one to teach you on how to deal with people of the world, and how to conduct yourself as a man, and expect nothing less in return. The MC that could paint you a picture inside the mind of a anti-social regular everyday dude from off the cuts, who is God fearing but yet does what he's gotta do to get by nonetheless. Is Brad "Scarface" Jordan. Face is teaching even when you aint listenin. And for that he is the Best MC ever for me.

Comment

• for me its nas, KRS, Eminem

Comment

• Versy, try these tracks, they have more of a smooth R & B flavor, you might like them better than some of his others.

Comment

• Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
                We should do a thread on the best mc's u left out.

Better 5?

Kool G Rap
                Biggie
                Tupac
                Ice Cube
                Jay-Z
                The bolded stay Bruhnlaw. The others(especially Jay-Z, he aint been **** to me since 96's Resonable Doubt)can be left out.

But Kool G, and Cube are must haves.

Comment

• Gotta love Face. You dont need a bunch of fancy words twisted up to tell a story, and paint a picture.

This is one of my fav Face songs of all-time.

I loved this song, so deep way ahead of its time. 1991 wasnt ready for this here bruh.

A bonus from that album.

Comment

• You can replace Em with this.

Comment

• Originally posted by res View Post
                      Versy, try these tracks, they have more of a smooth R & B flavor, you might like them better than some of his others.

I know what to listen to when I can't fall asleep. Wasn't feeling it.

Comment

Working...
                      X