Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Juan Manuel Marquez retires this year, how will you remember him?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Juan Manuel Marquez retires this year, how will you remember him?

Personally I will remember him as Manny Pacquiaos daddy,
    He beat Manny three times,
    the last fight being the most obvious but he was robbed.

I will also remember him as being a true warrior outside and inside the ring,
    He feared nobody and fought allcomers.

He's already one of the most accurate combination punchers I've ever seen, it'd be impossible for me to forget him.

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

despite his recent successes, i still see him behind morales and barrera...

i dunno why i think it is so (personal bias perhaps?) or maybe morales and barrera spent their prime wiser... and were more exciting less clinical fighters than JMM is...

whati think is not permanent though... still could change once all is said and done with their careers...

Comment

As the best offensive counter puncher I've ever seen, and as part of the 2000s version of the Four Kings along with Pac, Morales, and Barrera.

Comment

As a tremendous fighter who ducked nobody and deserves every bit of praise that he get's.

Also, a man who was robbed of the biggest win of his career.

Comment

I'll remember Marquez as the man who fought PAC not 1, not 2, but 3 times and lost all three fights.

Comment

Originally posted by talip bin osman View Post
              despite his recent successes, i still see him behind morales and barrera...

i dunno why i think it is so (personal bias perhaps?) or maybe morales and barrera spent their prime wiser... and were more exciting less clinical fighters than JMM is...

whati think is not permanent though... still could change once all is said and done with their careers...
              I used to think the same way but not anymore. Since his performances against Manny, that single handedly elevated him above both of them. To do that at the age of 36-37 yrs old is even more impressive. He's one of the few boxers who I actually think has gotten better in reaching his mid to late 30's.

JMM is an ATG and one of the best boxers to come out of Mexico. Definitely one of the greatest counter punchers of all time.

Comment

I'll remember him as the guy who absolutely destroyed the idea of a "new and improved" Pac...now the only people who think Pac will beat May are the blindest of fanboys.

He broke the entire heart of Philippines because an entire nation watched their hero get his ass whooped by someone who Mayweather just steamrolled.

Comment

Everyone that comes in this thread and says "I'll remember Marquez for exposing the fraud cheater Pacquiao" is only doing Marquez a disservice, and insulting him in many ways. You want to remember him for the Pacquiao fights? That's fine, ATGs are often remembered for trilogies they were involved in with other ATGs. But so many of you act like you'll only remember Marquez because you hate Pacquiao, which is an insult to the man.

Comment

A great counterpuncher.

He has some very good wins, but is still lacking that one big win to seal the deal. He been should have had that big win but they keep taking it away from him.

Comment

Working...
                    X