No announcement yet.

Tank Davis 5 best wins

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by killakali View Post
    He was shelved. You are right about a lack of dates especially then but he was being punished by talking to negatively about PBC and about their lack of promotion and how he was champion yet Verdejo was way better known and a bigger star even though he hadn't accomplished anything.

Of course Pedraza is a better fighter now. More comfortable weight, more active, sharper. But that doesn't mean he does any better against Davis if they fought again next. Davis can improve too and become better even though that seems hard to imagine in his next fight since Floyd punished him and put him on the shelf, only letting him fight once last year.
    See, I highly doubt Floyd put him on the shelf. Haymon wouldn't allow that to happen. Again, the lack of dates here are the main thing. If PBC didn't get that FOX deal, then the Charlos also would have had only one fight, and Jack another Mayweather fighter had one fight himself. And there is no reason to punish someone like Jack. Haymon is a business man and isn't going to let someone as emotional as Floyd dictate what is best for his business and his fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
      Reading the 1st paragraph, reads alot like the Loma/Walters situation doesn't it?
      Apples and oranges. Walters was offered the Loma fight 6 months earlier and turned it down. Pedraza was shelved. Walters could have had that fight on his regular fighting schedule

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
        See, I highly doubt Floyd put him on the shelf. Haymon wouldn't allow that to happen. Again, the lack of dates here are the main thing. If PBC didn't get that FOX deal, then the Charlos also would have had only one fight, and Jack another Mayweather fighter had one fight himself. And there is no reason to punish someone like Jack. Haymon is a business man and isn't going to let someone as emotional as Floyd dictate what is best for his business and his fighter.
        If you don't think Floyd has influence over Haymon you are mistaken. There is a lack of dates but Tank isn't making 7 figures. He could have easily fought again this year. Luis Ortiz is a PBC fighter and got 3 dates this year. Floyd shelved him and even tried to sacrifice him to Loma to teach him a lesson.

Comment

Apples and oranges. Walters was offered the Loma fight 6 months earlier and turned it down. Pedraza was shelved. Walters could have had that fight on his regular fighting schedule
          Apples and Oranges are both fruits, which is why I posted alot alike, not exactly alike.

I just think you should be consistent and note that Walters was off 11 months prior to fighting Loma and had missed weight the previous fight, indicating 126 might be an issue. Similar to what you posted about Pedrazza-was inactive and was having trouble making weight-before the Tank fight.

Comment

If you don't think Floyd has influence over Haymon you are mistaken. There is a lack of dates but Tank isn't making 7 figures. He could have easily fought again this year. Luis Ortiz is a PBC fighter and got 3 dates this year. Floyd shelved him and even tried to sacrifice him to Loma to teach him a lesson.
            Then I am mistaken, because there is no way in hell do I think Haymon will mess with his business because of Floyd. If we see how idiotic Floyd is, you don't think Haymon knows that?

So why did Jack only get one date? Why were the Charlo's at one date until the FOX deal?

Ortiz got that little tune up fight against that bum in July and then was put on the December PPV card just in case Fury pulled out and then he would have been able to step in. Not only that, but Joyce was on that card as well and that sets up that match up for 2019.

SHO had 12 dates, 13 if you include the PPV in 2018. That's it. Guys like Davis aren't fighting on FS1 or those lower FOX dates that were running until the new deal. Hard for everyone to stay active with so few dates. Just run down the names and see how many fights they got in 2018.

So if Tank is more active in 2019 will that be because Floyd told Haymon to get him more active? Will Floyd all of a sudden forgive him for supposedly sleeping with his daughter? The reality is there will be more dates for PBC fighters to be more active and that will be the main reason for them fighting more than once a year.

Haymon isn't letting someone who is 40 years old yet acts like a little kid mess with his business.

Comment

I heard through the grapevine that Tank knocked out Spence and knocked down Jermall Charlo when he sparred them. That's good enough for me.

Comment

Nah, no need for me to make a thread.

But like I said, why does one necessarily need five good wins to beat Lomachenko?

It is absolutely valid to mention that Lomachenko has beaten much better fighters than Davis has and has much more experience when you take into consideration his storied amateur career. But to make a thread asking for his five best wins when you know there really aren't five best wins doesn't make much sense.

To answer your question though why some think Davis has a chance or may win? Likely because of his power and athleticism. I personally think his IQ is underrated and that will allow him to compete with Lomachenko, but doesn't necessarily mean I think he will win. In fact, I got Lomachenko winning a close but clear decision.
                Where does it say he needs five best wins?

It didnt.

Funny how now power and athleticism is good enough for people to say a fighter without any top tier wins, beats one of the 10 best fighters today, because of “power and athleticism”. Lets be real. People were waiting for Loma to not have a ko or stoppage so they can say they see flaws and thats why Tank beats him.

If only the guy had that same confidence.

Comment

Name Tarver 5 best wins before he beat Roy Jones Jr

Kiryl Relikh 5 best wins before he beat Rances Barthelmy

Tyson Fury 5 best wins before he beat Wlad

Orlando Salido 5 best wins before he beat Lomachenko

Danny Garcia 5 best wins before he beat Amir Khan

Jeff Horn 5 best wins before he beat Manny Pacquiao

Buster Douglas 5 best wins before he beat Tyson

This is a ******ed thread. I don’t know why you all are so mad that Tank looked way better against Pedraza.

Comment

Then I am mistaken, because there is no way in hell do I think Haymon will mess with his business because of Floyd. If we see how idiotic Floyd is, you don't think Haymon knows that?

So why did Jack only get one date? Why were the Charlo's at one date until the FOX deal?

Ortiz got that little tune up fight against that bum in July and then was put on the December PPV card just in case Fury pulled out and then he would have been able to step in. Not only that, but Joyce was on that card as well and that sets up that match up for 2019.

SHO had 12 dates, 13 if you include the PPV in 2018. That's it. Guys like Davis aren't fighting on FS1 or those lower FOX dates that were running until the new deal. Hard for everyone to stay active with so few dates. Just run down the names and see how many fights they got in 2018.

So if Tank is more active in 2019 will that be because Floyd told Haymon to get him more active? Will Floyd all of a sudden forgive him for supposedly sleeping with his daughter? The reality is there will be more dates for PBC fighters to be more active and that will be the main reason for them fighting more than once a year.

Haymon isn't letting someone who is 40 years old yet acts like a little kid mess with his business.
                    That’s only your perception of Floyd. You’re crazy if you don’t think he has some influence over Haymon. We’re talking about one of the smartest marketers/businessman in boxing. Not to mention he’s heavily invested in PBC. before Pacquiao signed to fight Broner, Floyd said he would be promoting Pacquiao fights. Guess who’s promoting Pacquiao first fight in PBC? Lol.

I do agree with you when you say the reason so many PBC fighters were inactive is because they didn’t have enough dates. They were waiting until the Fox deal finalized.

Comment

Originally posted by Illmatic94 View Post
                      . too young doe.
                      ^Canelo fans excuse everytime the Mayweather fight is mentioned.. Lmaooo

Comment

Working...
                      X