Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A big if, but what happens if Fury BEATS Wilder?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wilder will either have to accept a <$5M offer from AJ somewhere down the line (2020?) or continue fighting no-hopers for <$1M. His stock will plummet and they will have to put him on suicide watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Zn1 View Post
      Bad for his legacy perhaps, but not bad for his wallet. Also if there's no one for AJ to fight then there's no one for Wilder or Fury to fight either which still leaves him far ahead when it comes to getting paid.

and yeah there's definitely a rematch if Fury wins but not if he loses
      I hear ya. I just mean that Wilder and Fury will have each other to fight. If it's a trilogy...thats what...about a year at least for Fury/Wilder to be settled.

Joshua I suppose could go for Miller and Whyte again in that time. Would be a shame tho.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
        You do realize just how small the U.K. market is right. Fury and Joshua would do big money domestically but not globally. Eddie Hearn even admitted as such himself when he acknowledged that Wilder is a much bigger fight globally for AJ than Fury. Even ask your fellow British fanboys which fight they believe is bigger? Joshua/Fury or Joshua/Wilder? That is why most of your fellow compatriots want and hope to see Tyson Fury lose because they rather see AJ fight Wilder instead.
        It doesn't matter who wins. Whoever wins will make a huge global and big fight for the undisputed and all the casual would want to see how this big guy that toyed with wilder will fare against the #1 in the world.

It will definitely be the biggest fight of this era.

Personally am not bothered about the out come of wilder /fury.

Comment

You can't compare tickets of the U.K with the U.S. Your tickets are about only 20% of the costs of the tickets in the U.S.

If the tickets prices are sold as low as they are in the U.K. Every boxing event in America would be sold out. Also, the same can be said about your pay per view, your pay per views are probably only a fourth of what they cost in America.

So in short summary, you guys business model is to slash the prices in order to keep the consumers/fans coming. That's how you generate your profits and revenue.

Promoters in the states have to work at least as five times as hard as they do in the U.K. To put on shows because the business model here is vastly different than it is the U.K.
          It's nobody's fault US tickets are expensive. Let them sell it. After all money man, canelo do sell tickets in the same US. Let wilder sell his tickets if he can. That goes s a long way to show his popularity in the US as the HW champ there.

It will be a shame if a mere 20k arena is not filled for his first appearance on ppv.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
            Everyone knew Wlad held himself back with his safety first approach before he fought Fury. He didn't have that mentality against Joshua and was a better fighter for it. In that world he was a better fighter. Wilder has beaten nobody to prove he's better than a Povetkin or even a Whyte, a win over him doesn't outweigh what Joshua has done.
            that's because Joshua is stiff and right infront of wlad. he would've been a tailor made opponent for younger wlad.

he was safety first v Fury because he was never allowed to get shots off due to Fury's style.

you need to understand a bit more about how boxing works..

Comment

If they have then why is Matchroom boxing's Eddie Hearn here poaching for American fighters? I thought you said the U.K. is shining?
              That's match room USA. Eddie is a business who doesn't want to limit himself which is very good for a business man.

At the moment, HW boxing resides in the UK.
              End of.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigLug View Post
                that's because Joshua is stiff and right infront of wlad. he would've been a tailor made opponent for younger wlad.

he was safety first v Fury because he was never allowed to get shots off due to Fury's style.

you need to understand a bit more about how boxing works..
                Wlad fought the same safety first approach against everyone since Steward started training him. Nothing to do with Fury. Fury took advantage of that. Keep moving, fainting, always making Wlad second guess and not get comfortable The Wlad that fought Joshua was a completely different animal, that Wlad would have beat Fury.

I know how Wlad and Fury work far better than you do.

Comment

If Fury wins, I have a feeling that making the fight between Joshua and Wilder would all of the sudden be much easier to do...

Comment

Originally posted by travestyny View Post
                    I hear ya. I just mean that Wilder and Fury will have each other to fight. If it's a trilogy...thats what...about a year at least for Fury/Wilder to be settled.

Joshua I suppose could go for Miller and Whyte again in that time. Would be a shame tho.
                    What would be a shame? You are beginning to sound like a ******.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
                      If Fury wins, I have a feeling that making the fight between Joshua and Wilder would all of the sudden be much easier to do...
                      100%.

and I bet Wilder will still demand 60%.

Comment

Working...
                      X