Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Top Rank ESPN commentary team last night...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Top Rank ESPN commentary team last night...

... they weren't BAD, but when did commentary teams officially go from objective professionals to embracing fanboyism?

I like Lomanchenko, aka the Fruity Dancer. I like him a LOT. But if I listen to commentary, I expect to hear them talk about what's going on in the ring, or about external related facts, not just sitting there blowing him off. Bear in mind they even genuinely used the word "worship" in the final round.

If you're sitting there going "and let's not forget, we all got pissed the other night because Lomanchenko came by and transformed our water, shortly after he fed the five thousand, or the five if he did it in America", then you need to STFU and just tell me what's happening in the fight.

It's not that I resent people chugging on Lomanchenko's chopper... I just don't expect paid professionals to do it.

As for Timothy Bradley, who gave that stammering prick a mic? He sounds like this guy:

ESPN's commentary team is like that for every fight. They just suck off the ESPN fighter unless their guy is getting destroyed like dogboe.

Comment

Can you clowns just turn the volume down or stop listening,
      so you don't have to have this stupid problem of yours?
      Of course, they'll always be biased, they're humans.
      What tf do you expect?

I don't even give a f#k to what they're saying.
      I'm all focused on the fight.
      I see what I see, not what they see.

Comment

They are like that every night. Hands down the most one sided fanboy announcing team. They just chill for the top rank agenda.

Comment

I have not seen the fight yet. But did they have Mark Kriegel and Joe Tessitore? Joe used to be straight up. He used to call the action fair, but since Top Rank is now in bed with ESPN he has turned into a fan boy for Top Rank.

Mark Kriegel is horrible. He is the reason why Atlas was removed even though it was he that was insulting Teddy and consistently trying to provoke him. Yet it was all blamed on Teddy. Kriegal thinks he is some great intellectual, philosophical boxing analyst, but he is awful to listen to. He is a cheap generic version of Larry Merchant. He may be a boxing writer, but he is no tv boxing commentator. He should be replaced.

Comment

They were terrible for the Linares fight also. Lomachenko was losing rounds and getting touched up, but ignored it.

They automatically gave him credit for winning a 3rd title while he was still down in the fight.

Comment

They are definitely bad. Almost Sky-esque.

Compare their commentary to SHO commentary just last week. Both broadcasts heaped praise all fight long for Gvozdyk and Fury, two non-SHO fighters. ESPN just doesn't do that. They need to replace Krigel ASAP. Bradley is getting better, but I wonder if they wouldn't be better off with Ward in his spot.

Comment

Tesitorre sucks. Bring back Altlas.

Comment

My biggest problem is they dont call the action in the ring. They spend so much time talking about other bull**** while the fight we are all tuning in to see is taking place.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
                    Tesitorre sucks. Bring back Altlas.

Hell no. I hate that guy. Bum announcer.

Comment

Working...
                    X