Collapse
No announcement yet.

RIP Jake LaMotta

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thought he was gonna live a 100 years. A shame he died, but he lived a long full life.
    R.I.P.

Comment

Jake just blended so seamlessly. Iron Dan you said a mouthful! This man didn't waste a minute of a life well lived, reminds me of my dad who also recently passed...the great generation, tough guys with confidence, ruthless when necessary.

Seeing Jake mellow and become such a boxing sage over time, watching his fights, with that head always coming forwards! Hey we still have his fights to watch RIP champ.

Comment

95?!! For a fighter that is a full & long life, RIP Raging Bull.

Comment

It is not tragic and it does not make me sad. What did you do, Jake, die before your time? You'd punch our ass out for blubbering over your life that was twelve times better than ours.

Not likely that the man in the picture was strapping on the lady standing there who is apparently your wife, though. Not recently, anyway. Ninety-five year old men are not attractive, but their legal wills sometimes are. Are there attractive 80 year olds? Sure, just not sexually attractive.

Your name is moving on with the world since it was Jake LaMotta. It is staying. Not only was it written and read millions of times today, this will not stop, merely slow down. You did it, champ. You achieved the only ersatz immortality we know of for sure. You were the 1% of the 1% of the 1%. You are like John Wayne and Marylin Monroe now, champ.

The rest of us, we gotta go. All those letters in our names are breaking up and scattering.

You did it the old fashioned way--you became immortal while living. A few like Bach almost slipped through the cracks. I am not comparing your rank as a boxer to Bach's as a composer. But just which composer would you fall beside, out of curiosity? If boxing were only about absorbing punishment, you would be Bach, Mozart or Debussy. You are right there with Hovhaness a hundred years from now, sir. He made his name stay too. The old fashioned way again.

You had a great sunset, champ, and a bad dusk. May the night return you to awareness.

Comment

rip champ
            would the bull be the oldest world class fighter from the 40's?

Comment

Originally posted by rightsideup View Post
              rip champ
              would the bull be the oldest world class fighter from the 40's?
              The only pro boxer I know of to lived beyond that age was Connie Will. On BoxRec they might add an "s" to his last name.

I think he had about 87 pro fights. I believe he made it almost to 101 years of age. He was not world class, I guess, but he was definitely a pro boxer.

Has any world class boxer ever beat Jake in the age department. He is already a top 3 contender for AT chin, is he also the AT longevity champ of world class boxing?

Comment

Originally posted by The Old LefHook View Post
                Has any world class boxer ever beat Jake in the age department. He is already a top 3 contender for AT chin, is he also the AT longevity champ of world class boxing?
                If we're talking all-time longevity among world champs, then Jack is in 3rd place... behind Schmeling and McLarnin.

Comment

What a life, what a legend! Named my son after him. RIP champ.....

Comment

Originally posted by Sugarj View Post
                    Named my son after him.
                    Thats badáss man!

Comment

Originally posted by McNulty View Post
                      Thats badáss man!
                      He definitely looked more like a Jake than a Ray

Comment

Working...
                      X