Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Abel Sanchez ruin Golovkin's career?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People are tripping because Golovkin didn't get the KO against a gargantuan middleweight, easily the #2 in the division. The two boxers didn't even observe the same weigh-in process -- and Golovkin still won.

Comment

not sure what you mean

Originally posted by Mirko Troll Cop View Post
      Maybe we were to hard on ggg regarding his statements back in 2014 where he said "154-168 is easy for me." That in itself doesn't mean he said he'd beat anybody from 154-168. Maybe that was all of out context regarding fighting someone significant in either divisions.

Abell Sanchez however literally trolled the industry that his guy was just that good and literally said Kovalev was scared of Golovkin or that Ward was an easy fight for Golovkin.

Maybe industry should be grinding the Kazakh's handlers.

They might have taken advantage of him. I think Holly Holm vs Oleg should happen.
      Golovkin's been a headlining fighter for HBO for 4 years now, and a million dollar fighter for the last two years, so he's had a good run.

I will say that Sanchez coming in an simply compelling Golovkin to abandon his tools, in the hopes of turning him into some Mexican stylist, didn't do Golovkin's abilities any favors.

Under Universum in Germany, Golovkin seemed to have fashioned himself as a really good boxer-puncher (though how good can't really be shown from the competition that he faced).

Sanchez should've simply worked to max out on the ability that Golovkin had already shown; properly placing his full wieght behind his counter right hand and counter hook, cutting off the ring with more than coming forward, etc.

Comment

Working...
      X