Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody else think McGregor is cashing out after the Floyd fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody else think McGregor is cashing out after the Floyd fight?

I don't know what his contract is like with UFC but I have feeling McGregor is cashing out after the Floyd fight.

Having the opportunity to fight Floyd is basically like winning the lottery. He's gonna get $100 mil payday and after the fight win or lose him and his family will be set for life.

If McGregor wins, good for him. He'll be stupid rich. If McGregor, loses, whatever. He'll still be stupid rich. He's never going to get another pay day like this ever again.

hes already said that after the Floyd fight he wants to fight Khabib Nurmagomedov in Russia by the end of the year (so he can cash in on a Rocky IV scenario)

so it seems like he wants to go back to MMA after the floyd match... but a lot of ppl are doubting whether he actually wants to fight Khabib or not because khabib is Conor's most dangerous fight in the UFC.. Conor would be an underdog in that one too

Comment

Originally posted by fatboy33 View Post
      hes already said that after the Floyd fight he wants to fight Khabib Nurmagomedov in Russia by the end of the year (so he can cash in on a Rocky IV scenario)

so it seems like he wants to go back to MMA after the floyd match... but a lot of ppl are doubting whether he actually wants to fight Khabib or not because khabib is Conor's most dangerous fight in the UFC.. Conor would be an underdog in that one too
      I don't know who this Khabib guy you are referring to but I do know for a fact that McGregor's purse will be a fraction of what he's getting to fight Floyd.

Comment

Of course he will cash out. Why would he go on to fight when he'll only ever get 5 mill max. Like Floyd says "Conor risks his life yet Dana gets paid more".

Comment

And i wouldn't call it a lottery...floyd needed Conor and vice versa for this mega payday.

Comment

Originally posted by crazyboy867 View Post
            I don't know who this Khabib guy you are referring to but I do know for a fact that McGregor's purse will be a fraction of what he's getting to fight Floyd.
            hes a beast. a very popular russian with a huge Russian following. some argue that because theres so many Russians behind him that he actually is bigger in Russia than Conor is in Ireland

the guy wrestled real life bears as a child.. plus hes undefeated at 24-0 (which is VERY rare in MMA) which sets up an opportunity for Conor to play out the Rocky 4 scenario.. Conor has balls if he truly does want to travel to fight the guy in his home land.. and hes not just from Russia, hes from the scary parts of Russia in the north caucasus (chechnya/dagestan)

and they already have beef.. he rips on Conor and Ireland in this video infront of Conor's crowd! (Conor was fighting that night too)

and Dana telling the world that Conor personally asked for Khabib after the Floyd fight

I don't think Floyd will be Conor's last fight... i think he wants to conquer the Russian market too
            Last edited by fatboy33; 08-13-2017, 07:56 AM.

Comment

Dana White has already confirmed Conor McGregor wants to defend the Lightweight title against Khabib Nurmagomedov this year. So your little "cashing out" theory means nuttin'.
              Last edited by W1LL; 08-13-2017, 07:56 AM.

Comment

Cashing out has many negative connotations, not realllllly trying to win, not believing you can even win among them. I don't believe Conor is capable of not believing he can beat anyone. I always say I feel like you need to be a little delusional to think you can be among the best let alone the best in anything, but I think Conor is top ten P4P in delusional combat sports athletes.

Some will say thats bad, but I believe differently. Having that extra belief & confidence in yourself can help you get just that lil extra bit of upside going your way that can be the difference in winning & losing. That said unless something really insane goes down in a couple weeks he's losing & will have to re-up his delusion & confidence to fit his new reality, but I believe he does & will go on fighting & he'll fight a few more fights at a minimum as he has expressed a desire to retire young so I would be surprised if he's still fighting at an advanced age unless he f#cks his money up (but so many do f#ck up there money so who knows).

Comment

Originally posted by W1LL View Post
                  Dana White has already confirmed Conor McGregor wants to defend the Lightweight title against Khabib Nurmagomedov this year.
                  Khabib still gots to get past Tony Ferguson to fight Conor & Tony is about 2x or 3x better than the best guy Khabib has fought previously. Khabib gots a pretty undefeated record, but he's got one of the worst resumes for a top 2 guy in the UFC.

And personally I think Ferguson is a harder matchup for Conor as he's got a unique style himself. Khabib is just garbage standing up & a genius on the ground while Conor is just garbage on the ground & a genius standing up. And they start standing up each round so Khabib is in for a huge challenge just to take Conor down & keep him there.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                    Khabib has still got to get past Tony Ferguson to fight Conor & Tony is about 2x or 3x better than the best guy Khabib has fought previously. Khabib has got a pretty undefeated record, but he's got one of the worst resumes for a top 2 guy in the UFC.
                    I agree. But Conor vs. Khabib in Russia is the only real money fight in the UFC.

Comment

Working...
                    X