Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Did No One Complain When De La Hoya Forced Hopkins To A 156 Pound Catchweight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cinci Champ View Post
    because people pick which catch weight fights they dont like. it is also used as a pre fight excuse. but there is a difference between doing a catch weight every now and then and doing them in almost every fight thats a fact. the reality is ever since people called out pac for using catchweights in a ton of his fights it started a **** storm. now everyone talks about every catch weight as though its the end of boxing as we know it even when the catch weights make total sense. but at the end of the day its just another tool for trolls to bash and discredit certain fighters or fights. When catchweights are done in good faith i dont mind it but then again it comes back to if youre a fan of said fighter or not lol
    Absolutely, a catchweight is better than fighters moving down a complete weight class like Dela Hoya did against Pacquiao, the man looked like a holocaust victim at the weigh in, what a sad sight that was.

Comment

Originally posted by AnimalisticMeth View Post
      Or when the great sugar ray leonard drained the **** out of lalonde to a 167 pound catchweight for Lalondes belt at 175. I dont remember anybody bringing that **** up when it comes to those greats. Most of you newbys dont remember Sugar Ray draining the **** out of lalonde.
      The CW was 157...but BHop weighed in at 156....the master of mind games!!...that's all that was

GGG has a good number of followers...with Cotto being the lineal MW champ, he's linked to GGG so his followers gonna hate on whatever Cotto does...Cotto should shrink GGG down to 155 outta spite

Comment

Originally posted by Ahmed_Ismail View Post
        Absolutely, a catchweight is better than fighters moving down a complete weight class like Dela Hoya did against Pacquiao, the man looked like a holocaust victim at the weigh in, what a sad sight that was.
        Never seen anything like it. It was obvious he had no chance after seeing that. Didn't he weigh in at 145 on fight night too?

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
          you signed up in 2009, how do you know that no one on nsb was complaining about the catchweight back then? did nsb even exist in '04?
          It existed..... we could have valid and enlightening conversations back then, void of diaper talk. I wonder what happened to change that.

In '04 catch weights were not common place when titles were involved.

I demanded a catch weight in '92. I got it and then made myself sick for the bout in trying to achieve that weight that I ended up agreeing to, I got light enough though. Shoulda said '44 or just come in heavy. I was an ailing shell that night. No title involved though. A couple of pounds can actually be the deciding factor before a bell even rings.

It's just what fighters of different weight classes do to get the opportunity to throw fists against one another.

But still, for title bouts the weight limit of the class should be the weight limit of the fighters battling for said title.........
          Last edited by Rockin'; 06-05-2015, 12:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X