Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Thurman vs. Garcia Ratings: SHO Breaks Down The Big Numbers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2017 Was A Great Year For BOXING!!!

Comment

Originally posted by KnickTillDeaTh View Post
      HBO will do the same thing they have always done. They will wait till a star arises, being built up by a promoter or another network, then pick 'em up when its evident they will rake in the money.
      These are the fighters that they currently feature
      Alvarez, Cotto, Crawford, Golovkin, Gonzalez, Kovalev, Lomachenko, Pacquiao, Ward.
      3 are the biggest draws in boxing, and 7 are listed on pretty much every pound for pound list. I think HBO has decided to only focus on televised fights that bring high viewership/action like Lemieux vs Stevens, and/or PPV draws (aside from Arum setting up Pac mismatches). As long as GBP and Top Rank continue to build stars, HBO will continue to buy them. Remains to be seen if they can get any deals done with PBC fighters, but for what it's worth, they already have Daniel Jacobs listed on their roster.
      Well, that post didn't age very well.

Cotto, gone. Crawford, gone. Gonzales, KO'ed, 2 straight losses. Kovalev, KO'ed, 2 straight losses. Lomachenko, gone. Pacquiao, gone. Ward, gone.

Leaves you with Golovkin, Alvarez, a bunch of little guys, journeymen/club fighters like Mickey Roman, Cletus Seldin, and no-names/who-cares guys like Jezreel Corrales and Kenichi Ogawa.

"HBO has decided to only focus on televised fights that bring high viewership/action like Lemieux vs Stevens, and/or PPV draws (aside from Arum setting up Pac mismatches)."

LOL. If that's what you have to tell yourself to make yourself feel better about paying for HBO every month, then so be it. But as a diehard boxing fan, I'll save my money and do without the junk that HBO has been putting on the air.

Comment

Keith A side Thurman baby. All these boys lining up for a shot at the king pin!

Comment

Originally posted by BennyBlanco View Post
          Well, that post didn't age very well.

Cotto, gone. Crawford, gone. Gonzales, KO'ed, 2 straight losses. Kovalev, KO'ed, 2 straight losses. Lomachenko, gone. Pacquiao, gone. Ward, gone.

Leaves you with Golovkin, Alvarez, a bunch of little guys, journeymen/club fighters like Mickey Roman, Cletus Seldin, and no-names/who-cares guys like Jezreel Corrales and Kenichi Ogawa.

"HBO has decided to only focus on televised fights that bring high viewership/action like Lemieux vs Stevens, and/or PPV draws (aside from Arum setting up Pac mismatches)."

LOL. If that's what you have to tell yourself to make yourself feel better about paying for HBO every month, then so be it. But as a diehard boxing fan, I'll save my money and do without the junk that HBO has been putting on the air.
          Lmao fhuck are you talking about? The post was based on the atmosphere in March. Yeah I bet I can go through your quotes and find a bunch of BS posts that are incorrect a few days later, let alone months later. Lol. Maybe you should read the context of the post and what it was responding too, or were you that salty that you were holding on this post for months lol. True boxing fans recognize what HBO has done for boxing, only fake fans would joy in the failing or assumed failings of one of the biggest drivers of the sport of Boxing. Showtime, HBO, PBC and yes even Top Rank on espn should be rooted for. The success of all will only increase the sport of Boxing. Or we can just claim we're real boxing fans, and keep 8 month old posts to celebrate the failure of boxing. Lol, amateur.

Comment

Originally posted by John Locke View Post
            Keith A side Thurman baby. All these boys lining up for a shot at the king pin!
            Those numbers were cause of Danny.

Comment

Originally posted by -NAV- View Post
              Those numbers were cause of Danny.
              Both played their part. Thurman also done record numbers vs Guerrero and Porter. I think Thurman and Danny are the biggest draws at PBC

Comment

Originally posted by John Locke View Post
                Both played their part. Thurman also done record numbers vs Guerrero and Porter. I think Thurman and Danny are the biggest draws at PBC
                Thurman has done some mega numbers, doesn't get enough credit but the guy is becoming a draw.

Comment

And where is Thurman and Garcia now?
                  Pathetic Boxing Champions fighting once a year.
                  Makes me puke.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
                    Thurman has done some mega numbers, doesn't get enough credit but the guy is becoming a draw.
                    For sure. The injuries have really kept him out of the public eye

Comment

Originally posted by KnickTillDeaTh View Post
                      Lmao fhuck are you talking about? The post was based on the atmosphere in March. Yeah I bet I can go through your quotes and find a bunch of BS posts that are incorrect a few days later, let alone months later. Lol. Maybe you should read the context of the post and what it was responding too, or were you that salty that you were holding on this post for months lol. True boxing fans recognize what HBO has done for boxing, only fake fans would joy in the failing or assumed failings of one of the biggest drivers of the sport of Boxing. Showtime, HBO, PBC and yes even Top Rank on espn should be rooted for. The success of all will only increase the sport of Boxing. Or we can just claim we're real boxing fans, and keep 8 month old posts to celebrate the failure of boxing. Lol, amateur.
                      Get over yourself. I didn't "keep" your post. It got bumped up and surfaced because someone put a new post to the thread.

I'm not taking joy in HBO's recent schedule. It disappoints me greatly. I wish HBO were doing the fights they did 15 years ago or even 5 years ago. But they are not, so I refuse to pay good money for inferior quality.

What I will never understand is "fans" like you who have blind loyalty to a network instead of the sport itself. I support networks that support good boxing, and right now that doesn't include HBO. I hope that changes in the near future, and then I'll happily resubscribe.

Comment

Working...
                      X