were ricky hatton and joe calzaghe overrated

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• were ricky hatton and joe calzaghe overrated

or do you like them

No, I wouldn't say overrated for either of them. They each had some solid wins. They were in some exciting fights which I feel elevated their status.

Comment

I think they are both underrated on here. Calzaghe was a brilliant fighter even with all the injuries he had and Hatton was a monster at 140 in his early days.

Comment

Calzaghe was definitely. Refused to travel to fight the best with the excuse he was scared of flying, but somehow overcame that fear to beat up a couple of old greats towards the end of his career. Complete bull****.

Comment

underrated....

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
            Calzaghe was definitely. Refused to travel to fight the best with the excuse he was scared of flying, but somehow overcame that fear to beat up a couple of old greats towards the end of his career. Complete bull****.
            This one hundred percent

Hatton is rated where he's usually rated. But sheep shagger Calzaghe is disgustingly overrated. His entire claim to fame is beating an old Hopkins and the ancient corpse of Roy Jones. Not to mention the rest of his resume is filled with absolute dog ****

Comment

Yes, they're overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by hotshot1 View Post
                or do you like them
                Overrated for sure.

Hatton was a dirty bully in the ring and when he couldn't get away with it anymore he got served. I personally think he used PED's to lose 40+lbs before a lot of his fights. You don't drop 40+lbs and fight strong like he did without a little help. I used to fight, I know how to drop weight and I know the effect it has on you on fight night.

Team Calzaghe was very careful on who they fought. Joe's road to glory came at the hands of green prospects and over the hill legends/top fighters. Joe took very little damage in his time because of all the soft touches he fought. He fought too many soft touches though and anybody with a brain can see the Jones and Hopkins wins only happened because they were shot to shít. I mean, Jones dropped Joe with a missed punch, the uppercut missed and his wrist hit Joe's face...his WRIST.

Don't get me wrong, Joe was talented and definitely world class -- just not as much as they painted him to be. This is why he's already forgotten. I've talked to quite a few of people from Jolly Ol' England and they don't even know who he is. That's his own people!

He had a good thing there and made a good bit of money. If he fought Jones in his prime like they SHOULD have, Jones would have Bryant Brannon'd Calzaghe and Joe's worth would have plummeted.

Comment

Originally posted by McNulty View Post
                  Overrated for sure.

Hatton was a dirty bully in the ring and when he couldn't get away with it anymore he got served. I personally think he used PED's to lose 40+lbs before a lot of his fights. You don't drop 40+lbs and fight strong like he did without a little help. I used to fight, I know how to drop weight and I know the effect it has on you on fight night.

Team Calzaghe was very careful on who they fought. Joe's road to glory came at the hands of green prospects and over the hill legends/top fighters. Joe took very little damage in his time because of all the soft touches he fought. He fought too many soft touches though and anybody with a brain can see the Jones and Hopkins wins only happened because they were shot to shít. I mean, Jones dropped Joe with a missed punch, the uppercut missed and his wrist hit Joe's face...his WRIST.

Don't get me wrong, Joe was talented and definitely world class -- just not as much as they painted him to be. This is why he's already forgotten. I've talked to quite a few of people from Jolly Ol' England and they don't even know who he is. That's his own people!

He had a good thing there and made a good bit of money. If he fought Jones in his prime like they SHOULD have, Jones would have Bryant Brannon'd Calzaghe and Joe's worth would have plummeted.
                  Roid Jones ducked Calzaghe just like he ducked Steve Collins. If either one of them is overrated, it's that cheat Jones, not Joe.

Comment

Originally posted by hotshot1 View Post
                    or do you like them
                    Hatton yes. Calzaghe no.

Hatton was a bum
                    Calzaghe gets underrated now....

Comment

Working...
                    X